I'm going to have to send my N3DSXL in to Nintendo's repair service. How can I keep ironhax?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ultramario1998, Dec 25, 2015.

1. ultramario1998
    OP

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I do have both Ninja and Ocarina, so I'm not missing out too much if I'm forced to update.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Just update ironhax using Ninjhax. I think it still works on latest FW as long as you have the old ironfall version. I doubt they are going to update all the games on your console, just the firmware.

Edit: They might send you a refurb though. I'm not sure if all the SD card content would be transferred as-is then.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Dec 25, 2015
  3. ultramario1998
    OP

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    Yeah, I'm already on 10.3. My main worry is having to redownload everything and losing ironfall 1.0 in the process... although there's not a whole lot I can do about that

4. OmegaGamezHD

OmegaGamezHD Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    Why not just backup all of the files on your 3ds' SD card to your computer?

5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    They'll most likely format your system and update it, killing permanently your Ironhax.

But it's worth a try to backup everything from your SD card to your computer, at least that will keep a backup of your old Ironhax that will work unless they format it.