Hacking I'm going to buy a 3DS today, Am I well informed?

Dakani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I have read all stickies and would like to know if I'm not missing anything to hack my 3DS and would like to ask Some questions.

I'm buying the old Nintendo 3DS if that will be of any help.

The firmware to hack is 4.5 to 9.2 and I can see what firmware it is if I take a look on the 3DS box right?

What size micro sd do you guys recommend?

Are the Roms hard to get and is it difficult to get your 3DS to play online? (Sorry if I can't ask this)

Also what flashcard is best? I was thinking about Gateway since it has the most features from what I could read in the stickies.

I hope someone can help me soon!

Last edited by Dakani,

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
stay away from bundled 3ds xls.

32GB is the sweet spot imo for a big enough volume beyond your hearts content for most purposes, I have a 16 and only found a handful of games I like anyway.

We dont share roms here, but they're not particularly hard to find (CIA files)

Dont get a flashchard if you have a 4x console please, just Custom firmware for free. But Gateway and sky3ds are your only options.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, you can check the 3DS firmware by checking the serial number on the box I believe.

2. The size of the SD card is dependent on how many games you're planning to install. If you're planning on playing quite a few, 32GB should be okay for you. Games can range from 1-3GB.

3. The roms can be found with Google, we're not aloud to mention the site. But yes, they're easy enough to find. No, once you convert your roms to CIA, you're ready to play online. If you're going with Gateway, it's as simple as renaming the ROM with an extension (provided you're using your own ROMS and not pirating)

4. Gateway is the best, but you can also go with a CFW like RxTools.

Last edited by PandaMayFire,
D

Deleted-236924

I -think- any original O3DS, if brand new, will be under 9.2 because they stopped production. Supposedly 3DS XLs as well.

New 3DSes, a lot more tricky. There is a thread in this section with new 3DS firmware version by serial number. Be aware that you can't always rely on it, though. But it provides a rough guideline.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

Last edited by ,

Dakani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys I just called the store and they told me it comes with firmware 3.0.0-5E. What is the best thing for me to do with this firmware?

Also another question, is it possible to get dlc's like the one from smash 4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"