Hacking I'm getting error 1022 every time I try to install a WAD.

h4r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: This is after I downgraded from the latest update to 3.2U. Both WADs I've tried (Megaman 9 and Sin and Punishment) give me this error. Is this because I have IOS16 installed, or are they just both bad dumps? Or is my firmware the incorrect version?

a_running_pir8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated in the updated tutorial, you must RE-INSTALL IOS30 and IOS36 from a game disc that had the *unpatched* versions in order to use the normal Wad Manager 1.3 again to install wads

h4r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is.

Just to clarify, the installations of ISO30 and 36 were successful, but the actual game installations were not.

h4r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a_running_pir8 said:
just to clear some things up, where did you get IOS30/36 from? and did you also remove IOS51 yet?
I pulled IOS30 from Bushing's Semi-Brick Fix Disc, and 36 from a download link. My computer doesn't seem to get along with Wii discs very well (Or maybe it's because Brawl is dual layered, I dunno).

I have not removed IOS51 yet. should I be doing so...?

a_running_pir8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do me a favor, and run any title deleter on your wii and tell me if it runs and goes straight into the menu or if it gives you multiple read errors.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
try this...uninstall the following if they are installed:

DO THIS WITH ANYTITLE DELETER:

CIOS51
CIOS249
Cios36

(this just brings the wii back to normal)

ALSO UNINSTALL DVDX (when i had your problem this is what i did)

AT this point your wii will seem like it was BEFORE any CIOS was installed
wink.gif

after all that YOUR WAD SHOULD WORK RIGHT AGAIN!
wink.gif
next use the NEW CIOSinstaller it will get the files from the internet and install them for you Automatically (i used the version that comes with the new 0.3 backup loader by wiigator) This is ALL YOU NEED for a CIOS to run backups then optionally RE-install DVDX (normal not advanced) if you use Mplayer dvd
wink.gif

That should do it man...i had that issue and this fixed it for me hop that helps you..Seems like a long ordeal but its not really and it covers your bases as well ya know...

weirdfate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a_running_pir8 said:
do me a favor, and run any title deleter on your wii and tell me if it runs and goes straight into the menu or if it gives you multiple read errors.

mine gives me many errors why is this

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you guys love to complicate...
i add the same problem, just use iso downgrader 1.1 and then cios installer that comes whit the backup loader v3

a_running_pir8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 is right, but i dont like to complicate, which is why i had him run any title deleter before telling him to do something that isnt right necessarily.

if any title deleter is giving you errors it means you still have the newer patched IOS's from nintendo. The quickest way to fix this is to run the IOS Downgrader but NOT the cIOS downgrader.

alternatively you should be able to install IOS30 and 36 from a game disc, as all game discs should still have the older unpatched versions.

weirdfate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a_running_pir8 said:
kimikal27 is right, but i dont like to complicate, which is why i had him run any title deleter before telling him to do something that isnt right necessarily.

if any title deleter is giving you errors it means you still have the newer patched IOS's from nintendo. The quickest way to fix this is to run the IOS Downgrader but NOT the cIOS downgrader.

alternatively you should be able to install IOS30 and 36 from a game disc, as all game discs should still have the older unpatched versions.

ok i got the backup loader working.
installed the ciso_fix with the iso16 wad installer
downgraded with 1.0
installed the ciso in the backuploader 0.3 folder on the site
good to go!!!!!!

but now if i want to play newer games like wiimusic normaly (disk channel) it still wants me to do an update even after i think? i installed the fix for the updates?

is there sometihing i need to do 1st?
do i need to get the firmware to the 3.3 then do the fix?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country

h4r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a_running_pir8 said:

AnyTitle Deleter boots up without any problems. Still getting the error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr