BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try adding this to your Makefile:

Code:
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%_vsh.h %.vsh.o : %.vsh
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo $(notdir $<)
@python $(AEMSTRO)/aemstro_as.py $< ../$(notdir $<).shbin
@bin2s ../$(notdir $<).shbin | $(PREFIX)as -o $@
@echo "extern const u8" `(echo $(notdir $<).shbin | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo $(notdir $<).shbin | tr . _)`.h
@echo "extern const u8" `(echo $(notdir $<).shbin | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo $(notdir $<).shbin | tr . _)`.h
@echo "extern const u32" `(echo $(notdir $<).shbin | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo $(notdir $<).shbin | tr . _)`.h
@rm ../$(notdir $<).shbin
Okay i'm currently in school now. I also accidentally wiped my fucking hard drive. Thank god my new years resolution was to start making hard drive backups of only important files!

The Under Line

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i'm currently in school now. I also accidentally wiped my fucking hard drive. Thank god my new years resolution was to start making hard drive backups of only important files!
You may want to switch to linux (im a fan of windows) or you can run windows 8 in a duleboot or boot camp (I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MAC OSX) but im going to linux because windows and mac are backdoored by the us government

mkvltra

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, sorry for bumping the old thread but i've decided it to be the most apropriate place to ask for help. I've got pretty much the same issue as OP, cant get libsf2d to work. After trying to running 'make' in libsf2d folder it throws fatal error at me and says that it cant find shader_vsh_shbin.h. I've tried adding '@python $(AEMSTRO)/aemstro_as.py $<../$(notdir $<).shbin' and '@rm../$(notdir $<).shbin' but the latter one throws me '*** missing separator'. Would be super grateful for anything that could lead me to finally being able to use this lib

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last login: Wed Dec 23 06:39:42 on ttys000
Timothys-Mini:~ Timothy$ echo $DEVKITPRO
/checkThisIsTheCorrectpath/to/devkitPro
Timothys-Mini:~ Timothy$

I tried doing it have the nano .profile and the /checkThisIsTheCorrectpath/to/devkitPro is what i got for a outcome...

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I tried doing it have the nano .profile and the /checkThisIsTheCorrectpath/to/devkitPro is what i got for a outcome...

I don't anything about this, but hi Timothy! How's it going?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks like you got it working! Now you just need to edit it one more time and point it to the actual path of devkitpro (usually /opt/devkitpro) also the reason you weren't able to see .profile is any file or folder in a *nix environment starting with a . is a hidden file/folder and you can display all hidden folders within a directory with the command ls -a

Last edited by dark_samus3,
Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't anything about this, but hi Timothy! How's it going?
How do you know my name lol
Edit: never mind haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like you got it working! Now you just need to edit it one more time and point it to the actual path of devkitpro (usually /opt/devkitpro) also the reason you weren't able to see .profile is any file or folder in a *nix environment starting with a . is a hidden file/folder and you can display all hidden folders within a directory with the command ls -a
how do I change the path to opt/deckitpro ? That is indeed where it is installed

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know my name lol
Edit: never mind haha

how do I change the path to opt/deckitpro ? That is indeed where it is installed
do the nano .profile again and change "export DEVKITPRO=/checkThisIsTheCorrectpath/to/devkitPro" to "export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro" and you may want to add the line "export DEVKITARM=$DEVKITPRO/devkitARM" as well

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do the nano .profile again and change "export DEVKITPRO=/checkThisIsTheCorrectpath/to/devkitPro" to "export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro" and you may want to add the line "export DEVKITARM=$DEVKITPRO/devkitARM" as well
I'll do it tomorrow afternoon :)

I did it and it still came out blank. Oh well

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a heads up, in the future you can follow the linux section of 3dbrew.org's development environment page replacing and occurance of .bashrc with .profile, along with changing the package manager stuff (the apt-get stuff) not sure how mac does package management so you'll have to figure that out. Page that I'm referring to: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_Development_Environment

I did it and it still came out blank. Oh well
you may need to log out and back in for it to take effect :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1