I'm bored and out of games, What should I play?

Drackos_flare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out of games, what do you recommend I play?

I should say now that I don't like game's like GTA or Saint's Row, I'm not good at FPS's, I don't play Online, and I'm not that big of a fan of futuristic games. I like RPG's as long as it's not 95% Grinding like Dragon Warrior (NES) is. and I'm open to anything else.

I have every Nintendo platform other then the Wii U, I have a PS 1 and 2, and I have a decent PC.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out of games, what do you recommend I play?

I should say now that I don't like game's like GTA or Saint's Row, I'm not good at FPS's, I don't play Online, and I'm not that big of a fan of futuristic games.

Oh, and I don't have a PS3/4 or Xbox 360/One.
Well, that only narrowed it down to like 7000 different games we could suggest.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though I could probably click your history and find out something I am not inclined to.

Do you have a reasonable PC as far as being able to play games on it goes? Granted most things from middle of the range core2 duo until now can probably do games reasonably well (give or take a graphics card and maybe ram upgrade) and with a lot of games from the PS360 also appearing on the PC you could do well.

On futuristic games what is it you dislike about them? It is a fairly broad brush, if you mean you do not like the typical art style then fair enough. If you have issues more with the sorts of themes that dominate such titles then also fair enough. The ideas are quite different though.

Going a bit further GTA/Saint's Row... I take it that means sandbox so you instead prefer something more structured. This is fine.

FPS.... assuming this does not mean you get motion sick from seeing games in that perspective then fair enough.

By online I assume you mean dedicated online and something like an online scoreboard is not to offensive to your sensibilities.

This is still quite broad and with the idea of game genres (which I see you largely avoided, so kudos there) being a less and less useful one as the days drag on (everything is being mashed with everything else).

Extrapolating and reading between the lines you do not care so much for constant reaction speed tests that get spun into seriously competitive nonsense and would much prefer to be told a nice story, maybe pausing every so often to do a logic puzzle, think through a series of actions, play with some nice mechanics or something like that. Granted I may have just done the gaming equivalent of the Forer effect but I will roll with it.

My big question here then goes back to the futuristic thing. Assuming it is not just art style then the question of is it the themes that do not work for you. Mainly as what might be dubbed sci fi themes also seem to apply to games set in the past or some approximation of it (see also why sci fi and fantasy are in the same book section). For an example I once played a game that dealt with a new power joining a centralised government, albeit a slightly weak one, with the threat of an overpowering ancient evil and the remains of those that previously stood up to them looming large over it all. Throughout it all it dealt with themes of duty, clan ties, militarism, the notions of destiny and self sacrifice. I then played Mass Effect.

This is still pretty broad though and about the only thing that is jumping out at me is to point you towards half the stuff that ends up in https://www.humblebundle.com/store and things like it. Of course I would probably also suggest that to everybody that likes more than one or two games so that is still not any good.

Oh well, more clutter I have added to the forum.

Reactions: Satangel

Drackos_flare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only said "I'm not that big of a fan of futuristic games." to simplify things. The art style is fine. It's the "The Over-Spectrum-Gravity-Thing is at -37% Power! We must transport to Area -Y784K43 -5O2WE to the Graviton Galaxy to survive!" The games do.

I'm fine with First Person Games, But I SUCK at Shooters like Halo or CoD.

By online I meant The Online Multiplayer games like CoD and Halo have.

I hope that Helps. :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only said "I'm not that big of a fan of futuristic games." to simplify things. The art style is fine. It's the "The Over-Spectrum-Gravity-Thing is at -37% Power! We must transport to Area -Y784K43 -5O2WE to the Graviton Galaxy to survive!" The games do.

(Ab)use of proper nouns, loose grasps of physics and deus ex machina methods of plot resolution would basically include most current games (it is a cause for celebration when the writing gets above passable most of the time).

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles is a good choice for RPG. Very long game that should keep you busy, and you don't have to worry about grinding. Just exploring and discovering landmarks will net you experience, as does completing sidequests. If anything, there's a worry about being over-leveled if you do too many sidequests.

You can also try The Last Story. Not really a grinding game there, either. Action-based battle system, and made by Final Fantasy progenitor Hironobu Sakaguchi. Not very long, though. I wanna say I put 20 hours into it.

Gotta play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars if you haven't already.

If you wanna try something odd that nobody else will tell you about, you can try Opoona. It's considered a lifestyle sim RPG. Has an active battle-system that is, like the game, kinda odd, but can be kind of interesting where you have to throw a "bon bon" at enemies, and you control the curve on it to try to hit the enemy (curve around obstacles, or throw it in the likely path the enemy will take if it approaches to attack, or try to hit multiple enemies). Definitely not a game for everyone. One benefit of the game is it can be played entirely one-handed using the Wii's Nunchuk, leaving your other hand free to eat pizza :).

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the moon is an atmospheric RPG in a post-apocalyptic world. And I'm not talking about crash of civilized society leaving only tribes and bandits, but rather emptiness and loneliness where you set off in search of companionship.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get that filthy smut out of here, this is a family forum.

the game is about family :).

Your star ship crash-lands on a planet and you're all split up and you have to reunite with your brother and sister and get to your injured parents. You and your brother and sister all will be throwing your ball-shaped bon bons around together.

I guess you're just incapable of accepting alternative family lifestyles.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game is about family :)

Your star ship crash-lands on a planet and you're all split up and you have to reunite with your brother and sister and get to your injured parents. You and your brother and sister all will be throwing your ball-shaped bon bons around together.

Jesus, Japan, we've had this discussion. Incest is not, in fact, wincest.

Ban this sick filth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious