Hacking I'm afraid that my DS Lite will break.

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Geeze, reading threads about broken ds lites and different problems, scares the s**t out of me. My DS Lite is fine, no problems that i can see, no dead pixels, faulty buttons or touchpad and i don't mind the d-pad, it gets it's job done, it's fine imo. But now i'm afraid it will break.
ohmy.gif
I treat mine like it's from porcelain and i love it too much, i think. Let me explain why:
This is my first nintendo console ever and i ABSOLUTY LOVE it. I've only tried Metroid Prime Hunters and Kirby Canvas and can't stop playing them. And this comes from a (old, i might say
shy.gif
) PC gamer that got tired from all those crappy games with zero originality and gameplay that plagues the pc market today. Anyway, the DS Lite is like a revelation for me, playing these games feels like back in my days when i played Doom and Descent for the first time, it's incredible
yaynds.gif
Don't know what more to say, i love the thing. That's why i'm so afraid it will break, reading all this bad things about the ds lites. I bought it from Germany and i don't have any warranty for it because i don't live there.

ps: sorry for my bad english skills.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I reckon its lest than 50/50 that you will get a perfect ds lite...

i.e no yellowish or slanted bottom screen, dead pixel (very rear though), construction quality especially white, which show all the flaws, plus others.

You will find that at least 90% of ds owners will not be bothered or either notice any of these flaws.
biggrin.gif

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read around here that if you register the ds serial nr., on nintendo's site, you get some sort of warranty. Is this true? Can someone pls explain me in detail?

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The only reason it appears to be such a big issue is the fact that those who have issues all talk about it in the one place. Back before the internet, I would never have known of any of these issues since everyone I know with a DS Lite has had no issues at all.

safariman72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The DS lite is stronger than you think, there was a video online of someone putting "excessive" pressure on a ds touch screen. No visible damage occured and if i remember rightly it stilled worked ok. I'm sure someone may still have the link.

I've had mine knocked out of my hands onto the floor before and even with the sc sticking out the bottom, there was no damage. My mates currently on his sixth tho technically five, one had a dead pixel and hes waiting to get it back.

I think he must eat them.
yaynds.gif

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
I actually felt physical pain from seeing that video.

Having hunted for months for a DS, I too am seriously scared to death it will break. Mine even have a VERY obvious bright pixel (What are those called in English? ?? in Japanese for those who can read it.) It`s just a bit off center in the top screen... But I had to buy mine from the US because in Japan demand is just way too high and you have to have amazing luck or patience to get one here... (And, well, it was my birthday, I had birthday money, and our local store had US models in stock.... I should have waited and just reserved a Japanese one, but..... I wanted a DS NOW!)
So anyway, even though the dot is in an irritating enough spot that I would probably have no trouble getting it exchanged I can`t. I`ve learned to love the dot, and see it as a fingerprint. It makes my DS unique.
tongue.gif

If it were to break though... Seriously... I`d cry. I keep it in a case, in a silicone cover.

ChowMein

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ laquerzinho: It's probably actually a hot pixel (where its stuck on white) or a stuck pixel (where one of the three sub colors (RGB) is permanently on). A dead pixel is a pixel which is black and whose subcolors are permanently turned off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o