I'll be travelling to Madrid and Barcelona. Any tips?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ilman, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ilman
    OP

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Good day, tempers!
    In about a week I'll be flying all the way to Barcelona with my parents. I'll stay there for 3 nights, after which I'll take an airplane to Madrid for 1 night. I'll be staying 3 nights in Madrid, as well, after which I'll be going back to Bulgaria.

So, it's gonna be a pretty big journey and, to be honest, I haven't got any idea what to see and expect there. :D
    That's when I thought of asking around, which led me here. I'd really like to know a couple of things such as:

1. Anything that I "need" to see in these 2 cities, so that I make the most out of this trip?
    2. Since this is a gaming forum, anything gaming related I need to see? (I'll be going to GameStop to buy Majora's Mask, since we don't have those here)
    3. Any opinions on Port Aventura, since I've been wondering if it's worth spending one of my days in Barcelona for. I want to mention that we don't have rollercoasters here, which is the main reason I want to go there.
    4. General advice is always welcome. :)

2. lismati

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    I'm not Spanish, but I've been to port aventura. If you never were in such a place, it'll blow your balls off. The big rides tend to have long queues, but it's worth to wait. Also, don't chicken out. They might look scary, but the fun is great. Also, one tip for you - when going downhill, scream. You'll breathe much easier then.

3. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Good to hear.
    I've always liked heights and speedy stuff, so it is reassuring that it will 'blow my balls off'. :D

4. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Be extra careful with your wallet and expensive stuff like handhelds and phones. Some friend of mine went to Barcelona excursion and got robbed.

5. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    I've been warned about this from a couple of friends. Will keep it in mind.

6. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    1) wear a Barcelona shirt in Madrid
    2) wear a Real Madrid shirt in Bercelona

2Hack and ilman like this.
  7. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    I was in Barcelona last year. See the Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona, it's a massive building that's been under construction for over 200 years (construction is supposed to finish in the next 30 years), it's amazing.

ilman likes this.
  8. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    If you go to Barcelona, YOU MUST go to "Ovella Negra" >>> best sangria EU

ilman likes this.
  9. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i have a tip for you, stay away from my ex gf!

2Hack and ilman like this.