IGN: Vita is destined to sell better than 3DS

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While i still do not own a 3ds i am tempted by the marios quite a bit, As those are great games but i expect a new iteration of it sometime next spring so i will wait for the Second ed 3ds, And i do plan to Buy a Vita on Launch, So there you have it i expect like 5 iterations of 3ds, and minor tweaks on Sonys portable they at least tend to make them well, My psp -1000 still works fine. My original Ds lite not so much..

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I saw this on Nintendo3DSBlog...

I don't take things like this seriously, because they're obviously trolling. It just made me lose respect for IGN.

While the Vita looks... okay. I don't see it selling any better than the 3DS. Both lack games as of right now. By the end of Q1 2012, the 3DS will have more games great than needed, and the Vita will be launching with barely anything. That's what I think anyway.

Edit:

Also, it's the same thing with the DS and PSP. I remember everyone predicted the PSP to destroy the DS. I had a DS, and remembered I could not wait until the PSP came out. On paper, the DS had no chance... but it all comes down to games, and look how that war turned out. Just remember, the DS had no games at first too.
You HAD respect for IGN!?
Anyway they only give good reviews to whoever pays them...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While i still do not own a 3ds i am tempted by the marios quite a bit, As those are great games but i expect a new iteration of it sometime next spring so i will wait for the Second ed 3ds, And i do plan to Buy a Vita on Launch, So there you have it i expect like 5 iterations of 3ds, and minor tweaks on Sonys portable they at least tend to make them well, My psp -1000 still works fine. My original Ds lite not so much..

Er What? PSPs die a hell of a lot easier. A DS can get hit by a truck and still be playable.
A PSP gets hit by a truck and you then have 50,000 unplayable PSP bits of chinese plastic crap all over the road. I like my PSP, but the quality is junk compared to the DS.

Also
DS
DSL
DSi/XL

PSP1000
PSP2000
PSP3000

???
They both have multiple versions with few changes. It's not uncommon.

I'm likely to get a Vita at launch like I did my 3DS. It's guaranteed some good games. Might as well have one for when they come out, like my 3DS.
I could care less about the device itself though.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er What? PSPs die a hell of a lot easier. A DS can get hit by a truck and still be playable.
A PSP gets hit by a truck and you then have 50,000 unplayable PSP bits of chinese plastic crap all over the road. I like my PSP, but the quality is junk compared to the DS.

I didnt know the DS was made out of titanium :rolleyes:
also I can tell how great the quality of my DSL is by the broken hinge, yet my launch PSP 1000 is still working fine

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Maybe the DS phat. Can't say about the later revisions.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its kindof true honestly, Nintendo can't jst keep making remakes/ports. I actually want to see New games come in to the 3DS, I mean yeah there are new games coming and all, but they'res going to be ALOT of N64 ports to the 3DS. i cansee it.
So you can see it? Great! Tell me what N64 ports will come to the 3DS. Pretty please :yaynds:

About games trying to appeal to casuals with guides: Yesterday I was playing Uncharted 3 and I came to a puzzle on a wall. I didn't understand what I was supposed to do with it. After a while a message appeared: "Show the solution to this puzzle?" Something similar happens in L.A. Noire. It's not only Nintendo doing this and I don't see anything bad here.

On topic: The PSV outselling the 3DS is a possibility. Maybe it will, maybe it will not. No one can know for sure. Both systems have their pros and cons. These kind of "articles" are better when closed. They are populist.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gosh, I remember the bad batch of DSLs. The hinge breaking problems, the L/R buttons dying, and screens dying were all damn fucking common. Everyone was going on about their hinges breaking and whatnot. Nope, that didn't happen. Nope, my DSL didn't die after 4 years, and my PSP is totally not alive even though it's a near launch 1000 model. NOPE. How many bad batches had the PSP had? Probably a few, but none of them were as bad as the bad batches Nintendo had.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Loving the typical Nintendo fanboy IGNorance in this post.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can only see the Vita outselling the 3DS in Japan only, seriously this thing doesn't have the gaming support in the West like in Japan. Like I always say with the PSP, the PSP is good and is worth the buy, but if you want the best bang for what it's worth you have to import games as well as play domestic titles, the Vita will be the same with extra hardcore gaming support.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem is trolling-like statements like "I know the 3ds is getting games, but they all seem to be like/going to be like 64 port/remakes." when most of the psv
line up is full of ps3 ports.

Seriously? You see a lot of 64 remakes/ports?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

also I can tell how great the quality of my DSL is by the broken hinge, yet my launch PSP 1000 is still working fine
Titanium is a very brittle element. A truck would shatter a pure titanium DS much like this PSP we are talking about.

At any rate though, IGN is indeed a bunch of trolling liars. Anyone who listens to them wholesomely is a little special.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes
because Im a hardcore mature gamer (like u) who also likes kirby :ha:

Then you can buy a Wii?

Honestly, last gen's Kirby games were pretty underwhelming. Super Star Ultra was basically just a remake, Squeak Squad was meh, Canvas Curse wasn't even Kirby, and I have yet to try Mass Attack. The Wii, on the other hand, had Epic Yarn (not really a Kirby game but still a good game) and Return to Dreamland (which I also have yet to try but people say it's pretty good). But counting on the 3DS for Kirby games seems a bit silly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...