If your over 18

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i drop 1 of my 4 classes, i' m not considered a student and i 'm technically not insured anymore. it's very annoying..

nostic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was in school I was covered by my parents insurance until I was 23, I believe that is a pretty standard age at which your parents can claim you as a dependant and you are covered by their insurance. Just call whoever their provider is and they will let you know.

For the most part, as long as you are a full time student you should be covered.

-nos

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still won't cover you unless you are a fulltime student.. however they won't know that you drop unless you let them know.

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
Ditto to what everyone else said...

As a pharmacist, I can tell you that it may take a semester before the insurance company asks for verification again... So, you could get another few months out of it, but as soon as they want to verify it, p00f
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

man, I love being french. studying in the united states seems so unconvenient. (I'm not trolling- just saying that when studying you'd like having easy living conditions without money)

living-ghost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've got it the other way.

my school provides dental and medical insurance and students pay for it through part of their student fees

It is a royal pain to opt out of it if you already have insurance to get that money back.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, you have to be considered a full time student (which means 12 credit hours a semester) to still count on your parents insurance.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They still won't cover you unless you are a fulltime student.. however they won't know that you drop unless you let them know.

Exactly right. I had to take 12 credits at college to still be on my parents' insurance. So I'd register for that many, and then drop them a month later so that I only needed to take the credits I needed, and still got covered.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
man, I love being french. studying in the united states seems so unconvenient. (I'm not trolling- just saying that when studying you'd like having easy living conditions without money)

Ouh yeah, an other great guy with a super avatar from a marvelous game.

Welcome home ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...