Hacking If you ordered G6 LITE from Divineo...

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You think they will charge me a restocking fee even tho i never received the package and never had to ship it back for them to "restock" it.

BTW after i canceled my order with them i order from hopebuy 4 days later i had the g6 lite in my hands... they even marked in as a 20$ value so i didnt have to pay customs.

if divineo charges me a restock fee i will call visa and tell them i never ordered anything from them and they will do a charge back.

Well, in the SCL thread, maduin got charged a $14 USD fee, so it looks like the crooks are charging restock fees for never-shipped products. Everyone needs to charge back these bastards - hopefully the investigation fees incurred to them will make them think twice about pulling the same scam in the future.

J

ps. Good to hear you got your G6!

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country

samzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...if divineo charges me a restock fee i will call visa and tell them i never ordered anything from them and they will do a charge back.

I'm so pissed off I feel like I want to do that after I get the thing from them. Would that even work?

You can call visa and tell them you ordered something online from divineo.com and never received it and they are not replying to your emails. visa will do a charge back (i think so)

but for the restocking fee like pelago said.. unless u tell visa the real story it's a fraud.. but i'm going to try anyways if they charge me restocking fees i will call visa and tell them that divineo is charging me restocking fees even tho i never received anything from them (my understanding is that restocking fees applies when u receive something and return it in that case it's extra work for them) I don't see why i would have to pay restocking fees.. i never received "the stock" in the first place

best thing we can do is to tell all our friends to stay away from divineo.com.. for me it was my worst online buying experience.

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif
yeah that fraud word did pop in to my mind. i won't be doing that at all, but i have asked that they refund my shipping costs. we'll see how that goes. i'm just hoping i won't have to cancel my order and buy from somewhere else. i just want my damn g6 lite.

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif
yeah that fraud word did pop in to my mind. i won't be doing that at all, but i have asked that they refund my shipping costs. we'll see how that goes. i'm just hoping i won't have to cancel my order and buy from somewhere else. i just want my damn g6 lite.

Yes, it's fraud. And yes, the thought passed through my mind as well - however, at this point in time you have to ask yourself in all honesty: what are the chances you are ever going to receive a product from these guys?
Think about that really hard. After all the problems they've caused, do you really think they'll do you a favour and give you a discount (your shipping refund)? Or do you think they'll continue ignoring you and everyone else? If you really want that G6, there are a lot of other retailers that are getting stock quicker and charge around the same as these guys.

Let's say for the sake of argument that they actually do get the product. After this "preorder" nightmare, do you want to reward their duplicity by letting them keep your money after they screwed you (and every one of us)?

J

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm just hoping i won't have to cancel my order and buy from somewhere else. i just want my damn g6 lite.

True, but you would probably have a G6 faster if you did just that. You do understand that people have been receiving their G6 carts within 3-5 days from order date (after they ordered from either psxbox or hopebuy).

I placed an order with psxbox on a Saturday, and had the G6 in my hands within 72 hours.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
One day in the not too distant future, someone will *almost* put in an order for a at Divineo.com, and decide at the very last minute, to check the forums on GBAtemp first. They will search and find this thread, and reconsider. Gentlemen, the wait was long, and our butts are sore
blink.gif
, but we have performed a great service. Rest well in that knowledge.

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, my request for my shipping costs to be refunded didn't happen.
QUOTE said:
We'll have to cancel your order.
We do not offer Free shipping.
Your order will be canceled on the 16th
I love how they just go and cancel it despite me stating in the initial letter "And just so we are clear, this is not an order cancelation." Cancelling my order was the only thing they did in a quick manner.

Immediately after that I went on to Hopebuy and ordered my G6 Lite and Passcard 3 (for $30 less, mind you). Paid using paypal and got a confirmation from them very quickly.
QUOTE said:
We got your payment on 2006-8-15.
We'll post your items as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support.
I should have done this from the beginning.

Oh yeah, you've just got to love this (from Divineo US's home page):
G6 Lite news..
Added on 08.15.2006

Due to forces beyond our control (customs) G6 Liteorders should be shipping later this week or early next week.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

They have pretty much guaranteed that I will never buy anything from their US store ever again.

Edit: Hopebuy just shipped it. I love them. I ordered at about 1:30AM today and it ships in less than 21 hours.

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apologies for re-posting this from the SCL thread, but I thought this might help others stuck in the same boat:

As a final note on this whole debacle, I got my refund from Divineo today. Last Friday, I threatened them with a Visa charge-back if they would not give me a proper update on when I would receive this product. When they did not respond, I started the charge-back investigation on Monday. I made it very clear to Divineo that I would not be waiting 2 weeks for a refund, and that they were to refund me immediately if they wished to avoid an investigation. No surprises they refunded me promptly.

I was out about $5-6 CAD due to money conversion (all CC companies buy and sell foreign currency at rates that benefit them, of course), but upon talking to VISA, they've indicated that they will refund me all the difference.

So for those still waiting, STOP WAITING. Push Divineo for a FULL refund, and threaten to start an investigation if they won't (back it up by doing just that, if push comes to shove). Your CC company is there to help from fraudsters, so use them - it's why you use a CC! When talking to your CC company, quote others as having had the same problems with them. Don't lie about the circumstances, because if an investigation does happen, you'll have to send them emails etc. Hopefully, your CC company will raise their fees after all this. If not, at least others wont fall for their bullshit.

J

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'M FREE from the Canadian site I cancelled with an angry email, and now I ordered from the Chinese site. Should be here within a week or else their dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end