Gaming If you have a laptop with crappy sound try this

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SRS Labs Soundbox for the PC.

This software improved my laptops sound a hell of a lot and was recommended by another user here so I tried it. I notice much better sound in gaming and it even solved the low audio issue I always had in GTA IV where music would be too low but other audio was ok.

They have a 14 day demo and then it is $25 to buy.

Download here

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I'll try it out and see how it is, my laptops speakers are pretty bad (I use headphones for everything anyway though, so never saw it as a problem).

Feels Good Man, got a link for that other one?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried this out. I don't have speakers but I use cruddy headphones and this is a good improvement! thanks for the heads up!

EDIT:
Dude, this helps out my music so much! Even flac!!

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
I'll try it out and see how it is, my laptops speakers are pretty bad (I use headphones for everything anyway though, so never saw it as a problem).

Feels Good Man, got a link for that other one?

I think these might be the ones he mentioned. I am not sure what the requirements are though.

Edit: It sounds like the IDT HD is laptop specific and I think it will only install on some HP and Dell models.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Purely to enduldge, what is this piece of software? You have set of speakers in your laptop / headset and you're stuck with them together with the audio chipset you have (though that you could change via USB / *). You can't change the characteristics of those speakers so all this can really be I imagine is an equaliser.... 25 bucks for an equaliser seems quite a big bit of money if you ask me.

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Equalizer actually works, improves sound issues in games and enhances your overall audio listening pleasure on your laptop then maybe it is worth it. Either way, there is a 14 day demo. I rarely bothered trying such software simply because I thought ''its just a bit of software so what could that possibly do about poor audio hardware on a laptop''

I think I underestimated how well such software can work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-