If you have a laptop with crappy sound try this

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lodis, Mar 23, 2010.

Mar 23, 2010
  1. Lodis
    OP

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    SRS Labs Soundbox for the PC.

This software improved my laptops sound a hell of a lot and was recommended by another user here so I tried it. I notice much better sound in gaming and it even solved the low audio issue I always had in GTA IV where music would be too low but other audio was ok.

They have a 14 day demo and then it is $25 to buy.

Download here

2. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I'll try this. I already have the IDT HD Sound thing and that worked pretty well. I'll see the difference

3. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Okay, trying it right now. I like my old IDT one better so far

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I'll try it out and see how it is, my laptops speakers are pretty bad (I use headphones for everything anyway though, so never saw it as a problem).

Feels Good Man, got a link for that other one?

5. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    I tried this out. I don't have speakers but I use cruddy headphones and this is a good improvement! thanks for the heads up!

EDIT:
    Dude, this helps out my music so much! Even flac!!

6. Lodis
    OP

United States
    I think these might be the ones he mentioned. I am not sure what the requirements are though.

Edit: It sounds like the IDT HD is laptop specific and I think it will only install on some HP and Dell models.

7. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Purely to enduldge, what is this piece of software? You have set of speakers in your laptop / headset and you're stuck with them together with the audio chipset you have (though that you could change via USB / *). You can't change the characteristics of those speakers so all this can really be I imagine is an equaliser.... 25 bucks for an equaliser seems quite a big bit of money if you ask me.

8. Lodis
    OP

United States
    If the Equalizer actually works, improves sound issues in games and enhances your overall audio listening pleasure on your laptop then maybe it is worth it. Either way, there is a 14 day demo. I rarely bothered trying such software simply because I thought ''its just a bit of software so what could that possibly do about poor audio hardware on a laptop''

I think I underestimated how well such software can work.