Hacking If you could do it all over again?

coattails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What cart+microSD do you currently have? and....

If you could go back to that fateful day that you ordered your flashcart+microSD from DX,0shippingzone,leetmod,gamekool,etc.....
What would you buy instead? Do you have any regrets?

I have an ak2i + 8gb C2 Sandisk microSD that I bought from leetmod for around $40CAD.
My ak is starting to get contact issues and it takes like half an hour to copy songs onto my C2... I'm starting to wish I had bought an iEDGE from shoptemp and a C6 16GB A-DATA mSD from newegg.

frown.gif

kyste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got a AK2i+ 4gb Patriot µSD, an AKRPG (using only the nand memory), an iplayer+16gb Patriot µSD and a DS linker (gathering dust somewhere).
If I could start again, I wouldn't have bought the DS linker, which was already outdated back then, but then again I was a complete noob.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I was a n00b and payed $40 for an AceKard 2i off eBay.
The 4GB microSDHC card I use was one I had laying around that I used to use to store my music on because it wouldnt all fit on the 2GB MP3 player I had.

I would get a SuperCard DSONEi if I could do it over again...
wink.gif

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first cart I ever bought was a DSTT and a 4GB MSD C4 (Kingston)

I wish I never bought that, and instead got an AK2.1 and a 8GB Sandisk.

I currently now have
AK2i - 8GB PNY MSD C4
CycloDS - 8GB SanDisk C2
M3i Zero - 4GB SanDisk C2

Pwnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my first cart was a Acekard 2.1 with 4 gb card for $25 from RHS. I would prolly got a iEdge instead
tongue.gif

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
first cart i bought was DS-X and wow do i regret that.... was expensive and well not good
tongue.gif
i guess it was good for its time but like a month after i got it came out the R4, i sold my ds-x and got the r4 and that i didnt regret
biggrin.gif
and well now i got the acekard and its awesome too! No regrets other than the DS-X =)

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather have a CycloDSi, but considering those don't exist, I stuck with the AK2i. I might go for a SuperCard DSTwo when they come out, probably after it's reviewed.

I regret buying my AK2i for $34 cause I didn't feel like waiting for shipping from DX at the time.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first flashcard was a G6 Lite, my second was a CycloDS, my current is an AK2i. Generally there's probably nothing i'd change. They've all done what they were supposed to.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
The Acekard 2i was the first flashcart I bought. I've looked at others and briefly tried an M3i zero but IMHO the Acekard + AKAIO rocks.

If I could do it over again the only thing I'd have done differently was never bought a DSI - the DSL + Acekard + AKAIO + EZ 3in1 is the best kit available, for me.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 Real with a... I don't know, Kingston 2GB I think. I wouldn't buy anything else because I've never had any trouble with my R4.... except UAPaint freezing when I try to save sometimes, RAWWRR!!

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would not have bought 3 R4s for $40 a pop.
Other than that, I'm pretty happy.
Well, maybe I'd get a Supercard DSTWO for Free Cheat, but I'm happy with my Acekard.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have an Acekard RPG + Transcend 8GB class6 + EZ-FLASH 3in1 Expansion Pack and an original R4 (not using it).
If I could go back, MAYBE I would buy a CycloDS Evolution. At the moment, I don't regret anything and my AKRPG can play anything, thanks to gelu and Yellow Wood Goblin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5