Gaming If you blow into your DSi's L and R buttons to get them to work, S

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, let me get down to the main point. Stop blowing into the L and R buttons on your DSi buttons if they do not work. Here's my personal experience why you shouldn't.

I always thought about the thing Nintendo says, do not blow into the buttons as moisture will build up and damage the system, they weren't kidding, and although the method worked, it's a bad idea.

Well, here's what happened to me. I was playing Mario Kart DS with my buddie, and then all of the sudden my R button stops working again... I got raegface. So I blew into the R buttons like crazy until they worked. A few seconds later, yay! They worked! But then eventually, my DSi just turned off and wouldn't stay on for a full second... I thought I broke the damn thing! I gave it a few minutes and then it still did the same thing. Power on, blue light for about half a second, DSi turns off. Then I gave it a few hours, and then it finally booted without issues! Yay! I thought it was freaking broken!

Point of this topic, just giving some people a heads up, that its a bad idea to blow into the buttons. I almost broke my $189.99 DSi doing it, and my parents wouldn't really let me get another one. Alright, just figured I should share my story with the community. Bye! :B

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh...now that I think about it...my original DSi died the same way
unsure.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's certainly interesting - it's never happened to any of my consoles, and I've been doing it for years. Of course, I don't spit into the shoulder buttons, or lick the sides of them, but I've been blowing on the sides of them for the longest of time.

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Why i didn´t see this before
unsure.gif

Sometime ago i was playing Riviera the Promised land on my DS Lite (GBA Game), at one point the L button stop working, so i blow the button and it work, but then the upper screen become black and never work again, since then i got a beautiful "GBA Lite"
hate2.gif
thank's to my EZ-Flash V i can enjoy the GBA games with the lower screen and a half-DS for DS games (but almost all the good ones use the upper screen)
glare.gif

So... NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BLOW INTO THE L AND R BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not to sound rude, but maybe you just blew into it waay too hard? I've been blowing into mine for quite a while and haven't encountered any problem in any of my DS. If this really is true though, you could always use compressed air, open it up and clean it or just suck/inhale instead.

Toki~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
TwinRetro said:
Original NES games are the only Nintendo product that ever worked by blowing into it.
OBJECTION!
My GB to N64 peripheral worked after blowing air into it!

As did blowing into Snez games and GBA games, never had any issues. Maybe part of the issue is also maybe you're blowing waaay too hard.
happy.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Toki~ said:
machomuu said:
TwinRetro said:
Original NES games are the only Nintendo product that ever worked by blowing into it.
OBJECTION!
My GB to N64 peripheral worked after blowing air into it!

As did blowing into Snez games and GBA games, never had any issues. Maybe part of the issue is also maybe you're blowing waaay too hard.
happy.gif

I never had any N64 or GBA games get that dirty lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter