If you blow into your DSi's L and R buttons to get them to work, S

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by skystealer, Mar 9, 2011.

1. skystealer
    OP

Member skystealer Muah~

United States
    Alright, let me get down to the main point. Stop blowing into the L and R buttons on your DSi buttons if they do not work. Here's my personal experience why you shouldn't.

I always thought about the thing Nintendo says, do not blow into the buttons as moisture will build up and damage the system, they weren't kidding, and although the method worked, it's a bad idea.

Well, here's what happened to me. I was playing Mario Kart DS with my buddie, and then all of the sudden my R button stops working again... I got raegface. So I blew into the R buttons like crazy until they worked. A few seconds later, yay! They worked! But then eventually, my DSi just turned off and wouldn't stay on for a full second... I thought I broke the damn thing! I gave it a few minutes and then it still did the same thing. Power on, blue light for about half a second, DSi turns off. Then I gave it a few hours, and then it finally booted without issues! Yay! I thought it was freaking broken!

Point of this topic, just giving some people a heads up, that its a bad idea to blow into the buttons. I almost broke my $189.99 DSi doing it, and my parents wouldn't really let me get another one. Alright, just figured I should share my story with the community. Bye! :B

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Huh...now that I think about it...my original DSi died the same way [​IMG]

3. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    That's why I open up my DSi XL and open up the shoulder button before blowing at it. It prevents moisture buildup.

4. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's certainly interesting - it's never happened to any of my consoles, and I've been doing it for years. Of course, I don't spit into the shoulder buttons, or lick the sides of them, but I've been blowing on the sides of them for the longest of time.

5. Aurionfox

Member Aurionfox GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Why i didn´t see this before [​IMG]

Sometime ago i was playing Riviera the Promised land on my DS Lite (GBA Game), at one point the L button stop working, so i blow the button and it work, but then the upper screen become black and never work again, since then i got a beautiful "GBA Lite" [​IMG] thank's to my EZ-Flash V i can enjoy the GBA games with the lower screen and a half-DS for DS games (but almost all the good ones use the upper screen) [​IMG]

So... NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BLOW INTO THE L AND R BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. machomuu

United States
    I suggest compressed air instead.

7. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Original NES games are the only Nintendo product that ever worked by blowing into it.

8. machomuu

United States
    OBJECTION!
    My GB to N64 peripheral worked after blowing air into it!

9. Hypershad12

Member Hypershad12 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I never thought of that! [​IMG] I've been doing that every time that happens! [​IMG]

10. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom
    not to sound rude, but maybe you just blew into it waay too hard? I've been blowing into mine for quite a while and haven't encountered any problem in any of my DS. If this really is true though, you could always use compressed air, open it up and clean it or just suck/inhale instead.

11. Toki~

Member Toki~ Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    As did blowing into Snez games and GBA games, never had any issues. Maybe part of the issue is also maybe you're blowing waaay too hard. [​IMG]

12. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I never had any N64 or GBA games get that dirty lol