Hacking If you are gonna update EmuNAND to 6.3, Too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you explain in more detail? I JUST did the update about 20 minutes ago and it worked fine to get me into gw 6.3. I was at a cafe hotspot and had a signal BUT it kept failing. Had to move closer to the source (was outside the restaurant at first) and then it worked.

I also had NO wifi/internet setting setup on the REALnand side. I only setup wifi connections once I was in the emunand side (so GW 4.4.0 for me) and went into system setting/internet settings, and turned on wifi, had it find a connection point (the restaurant wifi) connected, clicked to the 3rd page in the settings where it says "update system" and had it download and automatically apply 6.3 to the EMUnand side.

When I went back and forth, I saw the REALnand side did NOT have any wifi connections saved, but the EMUnand side still showed a saved connection (and I had a bunch of footstep counts for whatever reason) :-P

I did everything the same as you and I went back to REALnand and deleted my connection there, Then jumped into GW mode, confirmed the version GW 4.5xxx and simply went straight to update... its strange

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
did you read the thread? probably not.
leave the 3ds in sleep mode with the wifi on and it will download the 6.3 firmware. that way, you will be able to update emunand to 6.3 even if 7.0 is out.
moreover, if you backup the nand, you will have a 4.x backup with the 6.3 update included! very useful, if you plan on making the hardware mod.

I wasn't about to read 15 pages of this crap. Anyhow, how do I check which update is on the system?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wasn't about to read 15 pages of this crap. Anyhow, how do I check which update is on the system?

You don't.
---
Long answer: it's impossible, but if you do the sleep mode download within the next 7 hours, it's expected to be the 6.3 firmware.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything the same as you and I went back to REALnand and deleted my connection there, Then jumped into GW mode, confirmed the version GW 4.5xxx and simply went straight to update... its strange

So...does that means it updated ok for you now, or are you still stuck on your wifi connection?

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wasn't about to read 15 pages of this crap.

that's actually how forums are supposed to work.

Anyhow, how do I check which update is on the system?

go in the settings, then the bottom-right panel of the four that will appear (I don't remember the name) and you will see the firmware on the bottom of the top screen.

edit: ah, you mean how to see what firmware you download? you can't know, but if you download it now, you will surely get 6.3.

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
go in the settings, then the bottom-right panel of the four that will appear (I don't remember the name) and you will see the firmware on the bottom of the top screen.

yeah, nah, I know I have 4.5 on the system. How do I know what system update I have saved, so I can update the emunand? is it impossible?

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
What realNAND (hehe) version are you?

I was getting errors trying to update my emuNAND when I was on 4.3, some member from here told me to update to 4.5 and it solved my problem.

Good luck!
4.5, I used Animal Crossing EU to update it.

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I have the 6.3 update downloaded, but not installed, I can use it to update the emunand?

My 3DS XL is on 4.5, but I dont have a DS flash cart that will work.

I want to play a retail Link Between Worlds cart but keep the sytem on 4.5.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I have the 6.3 update downloaded, but not installed, I can use it to update the emunand?

Yeah, you should be able to but i'm not sure if there will just be a nag notice to update (and execute from there) or you have to go into the system settings/update system do to do.

Either way, you HAVE to make sure you're in the GW/R4 EMUnand side before accepting/performing the update, or you will lose your 4.5 REALnand firmware.
Don't mess with it until you get a GW/R4i or another DS card you can do this on. Just ignore the update prompts for now, and better yet, maybe disable wifi UNTIL you get a DS card. I'm not sure multiple updates can reside on the system together (referring to the possibility of 7.0 updates being sent out tonight) but I wouldn't want to risk having that happen.
Maybe someone else can confirm if the 3ds will even allow such an event to occur.

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Think I got it to work, the update bar is actually moving now. I just re-did the emuNAND

edit: nvm, error returned right at the end

edit 2: back to error hell we are. Just keeps giving errors whenever I try to update

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, make sure you dont make the same mistake I did and download the update (in sleep mode)while on the realNAND. If you do, I don't believe you can download it again on emuNAND without having to start all over.

After its downloaded, turn off wifi and go to system update (on emuNAND of course). It will allow you to update without a internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0