Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500xvelvetassassin.jpg

QUOTE said:
Why don't game developers make World War II games anymore? There's so much history still left to scrape! The good news amid this dearth of WWII content is that the Assassin's Creed series could very well be heading that way.

While it sounds like the Ubisoft folks haven't gone beyond the "discussions" phase of Assassin's Creed III's settings, producer Sébastien Puel tells Xbox World 360 that anything is possible, even the heretofore untapped situations of World War II. And that the successor to Ezio and Altair could be... a woman!

Oh, sure, this too is all theoretical stuff, in the event that Ubisoft should make an Assassin's Creed III—or 35 more of them—but Puel gives the impression it's not just an off the cuff idea.

"We don't want to just decide we want to change and have a female hero as the first inspiration is always the time period," he says "but if you're talking about, say, World War II the economies in England and France were run by women because the men were off fighting." Clearly discussed.

Since Assassin's Creed II still hasn't shipped, we're going to take this discussion with a dash of skepticism. But who knows? A female assassin in Nazi occupied France and/or England? Sounds unique enough to me.

News Source: Kotaku

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's plausible. I haven't been able to play the first Assasin's Creed because I don't have a 360 that works
frown.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well theres definetly gonnabe a third one since its an awesome game and it just gets better and better
i dont think they'll stop at 2
but right now 2 hasnt even been released so it''ll be a while for 3 to even be talked about

i love assasins creed

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't think it'd be placed in ww2... what about all the guns? it'd be a shooter instead of swords and daggers and shit...

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WWII era has been done to death in terms of gaming. One of the things that made Assassins Creed so unique is that no other games have been set in the crusades. As a side note, they did make an Assassins Creed set in WWII, it's called sniper elite. Pretty much the same concept, except with guns instead of swords.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mmmh, the ww2 concept was already utilised in several shooter series and wasn't interesting anymore, though there is a lot of historic details missing it could't, or better won't be presented in a dimension that will overrun the border of a common shooter. hopefully ww2 shooter die out :-/, am not amused of the idea they mention, but perhaps it would bring some fresh wind into that topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.