Hacking if the wii wasnt hackable like the ps3

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine exactly a month after launch. I stood in line for eight and a half hours and when I finally laid my hands upon it, I was very happy!! So no, I didn't by mine for the homebrew/hacking.

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha I bought one since I know its hackable. In asia, all wii comes included with a mod chip...a wiikey to boot. so when I heard wii was such a hit in america, I thought I have to wait or something to get my hand on one, but nope got it right there with mod chip equiped. although the wii is jap

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't buy mine for the homebrew, but if it wasn't for the homebrew and modchips, I would've sold it long ago...
Too few games that are worth buying
dry.gif

And of course the console itself being a huge disappointment...be honest, who here expected the technical specs to be that out-of-date when you bought your Wii? And who here wasn't disappointed by the motion controls?

Considering the current price and line-up, it's ridiculous the Wii is even still in competition...I hope this year's E3 will change my mind.

MetalReaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought it when it came out,but i was already expecting a modchip and hacks, so i only bought two games, zelda and Red Steel.
I admit it x)

n1x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Cyan said:
I bought it before modchips existed.
So, yes !
Hi

Same here, never bothered about "homebrew" and "hacking" at that time. I just loved the idea of playing games in a new manner. To bad, that not all (new) games have new ways to play, almost all of them are sticking at the old manner (but that's a different subject
lecture.gif
)

cya

Brownstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I bought it because i can download games for it for free and get games before release dates and uncensored versions etc. Game prices are ridiculous even tho I got a decent job I would never pay the price and I prefer to have the games in a cdcase screw the manual and package and drive to the store or order. I believe Wii doesnt have enough good titles either... I was about to sell it even tho I had about 50 games for it, its starting too look better now tho with the games. But now when it got hacked few months ago it got interesting again with all the homebrews, wii might really be able to show its potential now, thats why im keeping it atm.

ihatexams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No way. I have like one legit game.(wii sports
rofl2.gif
)

And I didn't get the Ps3 because its no hackabke and has ridiculous price tag. And 360 you cant play online so theres no point. But I did buy all my Ps2 games for 3 years only intill I found out swap magic
biggrin.gif

caffeinekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Our Wii isn't modded so I guess that answers your question. We love Wii.

We have 15-20 original games now and probably have a few more by the end of the year too.

Nintendo is getting their money out of us this generation.
smile.gif

Brownstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
If the wii wasn't hackable/moddable in anyway i would appreciate the wii alot more than i do now. I'd actually play it and enjoy it. Its free catalog of games has ruined its appeal to me.

Sounds like u are brainwashed to me. Some of my friends say that aswell with other consoles, I like to laugh at them. Some people play their games just because the payed for it, now isnt that stupid and waste of time. I only like to play the games that i'm interested in, I can understand if you payed 60 bucks for a worthless game you wanna make something out of it but in reality u cant
tongue.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
nah i just feel like the fact that there's so many games to play and theyre all free kind of makes it lose the appeal to me. Like pirate syndrome, too much too play too little time, dunno what to play so dont bother. Where as if i'd brought the game id actually be excited about playing it. When i first got the wii and i brought some games i couldnt wait to get home n play them. It was like id worked hard for something and im gunna enjoy my reward. Now its just a few clicks and its like meh, this is boring, what else can i play. Having alot of games really leads you off wanting to complete a game fully.

The same happened to me and the 360, i loved it when i first got it. I played a few games and i made sure i enjoyed them but now with it being flashed i hardly play it or if i do i play a game for a short while before trying something else. When you have that many games you become overwhelmed slightly and feel the need to download as many games as you can and try them all out (It's a bit more selective on the 360 due to the fact that i hardly buy dl dvd's so i spare them for good releases but still)

I brought it on launch day btw
tongue.gif

But like ive said to my friends, the only time ill buy a ps3 is when its easily hackable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: