Gaming If I were to buy a New 3DS XL from Amazon in the next 2 weeks, what firmware would it be?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Do not order from Amazon. Their entire stock is likely 11.0 as of August 7. I'm not sure if there is still time, but I ordered one from Jet.com last Friday. It was fulfilled by Toys R Us and just arrived today as a #QW1161 on 10.7 fw.
Thanks for the warning.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy a New 3DS XL and I'm assuming the worst, it will be on 11.0. I have a modded Old 3DS, can I use that to do the fieldrunners downgrade?

Tonamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well where I live you can buy one from a Wal-Mart or a Target that have low firmware versions. Try searching them if they have them in Canada if not, try looking on eBay or Craigslist

Really? I just went to EB Games, Wal-Mart, and The Source. All of them are QW4072 or such. I even saw a red 3DS that had QW1177 and I wasn't sure what that was since it isn't on the firmware list.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
You know what's sad is that people are downgrading systems with nfirm/fieldrunners and are selling them for a crazy inflated price on ebay. $299 USD OR like $400 Canadian for a "New Nintendo 3DS XL" with 9.2 firmware.

At least I put A9LH on mine and put a free 64 gb card into it before offering mine.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I were to buy a refurbished New 3DS from Gamestop?
Gamestop has a place they have to send all trades to. They format, clean and update their products before sending back to the stores. Depending on when it was actually refurbished, your chances are slim that it's under 11.0. I recently bought a N3DSXL and two 2DS's from Gamestop during their, Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all refurbished products, sale and one 2DS was under 11.0, the other two were 11.0. I don't think refurbished is your best route if you must have under 11.0. Good luck.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gamestop has a place they have to send all trades to. They format, clean and update their products before sending back to the stores. Depending on when it was actually refurbished, your chances are slim that it's under 11.0. I recently bought a N3DSXL and two 2DS's from Gamestop during their, Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all refurbished products, sale and one 2DS was under 11.0, the other two were 11.0. I don't think refurbished is your best route if you must have under 11.0. Good luck.

Wow, that's a great deal. I would have flipped a couple of these back onto the market after installing A9LH on them.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would mod 3DS's for like $20 + whatever shipping, whether it's downgrading, arm9loaderhax, or installing CFW. It's extremely easy and paying lots of money for a free hack is outrageous.

Reactions: RyDog

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1