Hacking If I wanna play backups on ps3 what do I need? also questions.

Scyris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SO I am thinking of buying a ps3, mainly due to the level 0 encryption keys being leaked. I have a few questions though.

1: Do you need a blue ray burner? or can you just say hook a usb external portable hdd/pc to the ps3 (Via usb cable) to transfer games and install the custom firmware?

2: Where can I find the most recent (and best) cfw for a more recent ps3 model, I might be buying a new ps3 in a week or so.

3: How complacated is it to copy stuff from pc to ps3 if its possible? is it just hook ps3 to a pc via a usb cable? or is there more to it? I am looking to softmod it so I don't open it up and void the warranty.

I know there is a guide, but thats kinda of dated and I suspect the process might have changed by now.

Thanks for any and all help you can provide.

Scyris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh damn, oh well, can a ps3 be hooked into a hdmi-dvi converter to be used on my monitor? me being the genious I am forgot to make sure the monitor had a hdmi port before I bought it.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Check the documentation for you monitor, google it. The documentation needs to say its compatible for it to be.

The monitor has to be able to decrypt the PS3s signal or something of that nature. I had an HD projector that couldn't and after wasting money on the cable is when I found out.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahh damn, oh well, can a ps3 be hooked into a hdmi-dvi converter to be used on my monitor? me being the genious I am forgot to make sure the monitor had a hdmi port before I bought it.
Yes you can absolutely do this! However, you must make sure before you buy the adapter that your monitor is HDCP compatible.
I made the mistake of buying one of these adapters without checking first, and spent hours confused why it wasn't working.

EDIT: Also you must keep in mind that this will transfer the video signal but NOT the audio. In order to get the audio, you'll need to also have your regular composite cables plugged in using a converter. I think this video shows you what you need

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*