Hacking Question If I play the games I bought on the CFW(not SX OS), will I be banned?

zwq939681378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It seems that we can already play our games on the CFW, I never cheat or play piracy games and just want to use some emulators, will I be banned? Thanks for answering.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hacking always comes with the risk of being banned since it's an unauthorized modification of your system. We don't know yet what exactly is safe and what isn't. Therefore, I'd recommend you to keep your hacked console offline until we know more.

Reactions: SwitchGuy

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you play them offline (and then go online) they can't really tell whether you had a real game card inserted or not (my gigantic guess tho)

If you want to be super save:
1. Play in airplane mode.
2. Remove all data of the game from the system.
3. Reboot to recovery mode before going online.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

SwitchGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking always comes with the risk of being banned since it's an unauthorized modification of your system. We don't know yet what exactly is safe and what isn't. Therefore, I'd recommend you to keep your hacked console offline until we know more.

To add to this reply; Nintendo doesn't care if you don't pirate/cheat and only intend to use homebrew. You modified their console and are a risk. If they can detect it, they will ban you. We just don't know what they can and can't see yet. If you don't want to risk it, stay offline.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This remind me of the Beginning of 3ds scene and also Wii U scene xD
Everyone was like this: UHHHH WI WIL GIT BENNED

Turned out the bans where very very minors..

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that we can already play our games on the CFW, I never cheat or play piracy games and just want to use some emulators, will I be banned? Thanks for answering.

I swear this stuff gets old fast people are to lazy to do a search on anything these day and rather start shitpost for questions answered 100 times a day

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

zwq939681378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I swear this stuff gets old fast people are to lazy to do a search on anything these day and rather start shitpost for questions answered 100 times a day
I'm sorry, but I have seen a lot of people be banned bacause of cheating/pirate. I really want somebody who use CFW just for homebrew like me to tell me "I got banned" or "I'm safe".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you simply think of the idea you'll get banned unfortunately, my guess is you're already banned :(
Well, I have used my emulators for one month, but I didn't get banned, and I bought NARUTO 3 last week lol.

Last edited by zwq939681378,

SwitchGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop spreading bullshit, sure, there's a chance he might get banned, but for all we know no-one has been banned for just using CFW and playing their own games. Please stop jumping to conclusions and wait for people to find out.

No one knows since Nintendo has not started banning yet. The assumption should be "yes", expect to be banned. If you modified your console and Nintendo finds out, you will get banned... These threads of kids trying to figure out how to tip-toe an imaginary/unknown line are getting old...

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No one knows since Nintendo has not started banning yet. The assumption should be "yes", expect to be banned. If you modified your console and Nintendo finds out, you will get banned... These threads of kids trying to figure out how to tip-toe an imaginary/unknown line are getting old...
Yeah like Wii, 3ds and Wii U...
Just shut up

Reactions: emjaee

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah like Wii, 3ds and Wii U...
Just shut up

There were massive banwaves on the 3DS on multiple occasions. People were never able to completely nail down what caused the last few banwaves on the 3DS. I never got hit by it personally, but I don't really play mine much anymore these days.

It's pretty obvious at this point that the online security and anti-piracy measures on the Switch have been stepped up, big time. Until we know 100% for sure what Nintendo is banning people for, the SAFE assumption is to assume you WILL be banned for using CFW or playing pirated games.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People posting "concrete" answers when most of what we have are assumptions so far is equally getting old.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There were massive banwaves on the 3DS on multiple occasions. People were never able to completely nail down what caused the last few banwaves on the 3DS. I never got hit by it personally, but I don't really play mine much anymore these days.

It's pretty obvious at this point that the online security and anti-piracy measures on the Switch have been stepped up, big time. Until we know 100% for sure what Nintendo is banning people for, the SAFE assumption is to assume you WILL be banned for using CFW or playing pirated games.
Only ban wave I remember is the people that played Pokémon Sun and Moon early

And no you just say bullshit you can’t prove what you are saying
In that case just shut up

Reactions: emjaee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds.