Hacking If I Buy A New 2DS From Katsukity, Will It Be On <=9.2?

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why people are wasting money on antiquated hardware. With two confirmed games for the n3DS I see them moving everyone over to a n3DS within the next year slowly phasing the o3(2)ds out.

I'm "wasting" money on "antiquated" hardware because I don't HAVE the extra money. I have 400$. Pretty much my only option is to get a 2DS if want a cap card right now, and I don't care about how it looks or anything.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cap cards are overrated and way over-priced. I'd rather play the games then watch someone play.

Unless you really think a cap card will benefit you in life for the long run, I'd find something else to spend $400 on or save up for.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cap cards are overrated and way over-priced. I'd rather play the games then watch someone play.

Unless you really think a cap card will benefit you in life for the long run, I'd find something else to spend $400 on or save up for.

It will benefit me in the long run. I have 1.7k followers, and averaged ~30ish viewers a stream (I say averaged because I took about a month break, but it won't take long to get back up to there), and almost all of my viewers wanted this, and I feel like it will help me out quite a bit.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I got my 3DS XL from them.

Chances are, it'll be old stock they have and it'll be non-updated. I can guarantee they don't update them personally, since I got my Weegie one at 8.1. Hope this helps :)

Okay, perfect. I'm ordering tonight. Question, about how long do they take from time to order to shipping? (I know that shipping takes ~a week from Japan to the East Coast of the USA via priority)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will benefit me in the long run. I have 1.7k followers, and averaged ~30ish viewers a stream (I say averaged because I took about a month break, but it won't take long to get back up to there), and almost all of my viewers wanted this, and I feel like it will help me out quite a bit.

Do you make enough profit from your viewers from advertising, donations, etc? If you do, then you could wait till you have more money, but it sounds like funds are a constraint which means the latter is not happening, which means it might not really be worth what you think it will be worth.

I'm not trying to offend, but just pointing out what I see from your description.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, perfect. I'm ordering tonight. Question, about how long do they take from time to order to shipping? (I know that shipping takes ~a week from Japan to the East Coast of the USA via priority)

It's about three weeks for assembly and less than a week to ship. If you email them, they're usually pretty good with communication. The reason they probably don't want to give you a serial number is because they pick stock randomly from what they have. Honestly, they are a really good company and made the experience fairly painless and without worry given the money I was handing over (and no import duty as well, which was a nice surprise).

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you make enough profit from your viewers from advertising, donations, etc? If you do, then you could wait till you have more money, but it sounds like funds are a constraint which means the latter is not happening, which means it might not really be worth what you think it will be worth.

I'm not trying to offend, but just pointing out what I see from your description.

Funds are a constraint, I see where you are coming from, but I feel like actually being able to stream a 3ds is much better for my stream in the long run compared to pointing a damn camera at the screen and just capturing the camera and streaming that. :P

Reactions: Maximilious

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was 3dsvideocapture. The name sounds familiar, and the site layout looks similar, they've just had a recent redesign so I can't be 100%.

That seems like the legit one. They seem to have a lot more of a filled out site, and they actually have contact information. 3dsgamecapture has no contact information, no information at all really, just a shop... i've seen multiple youtube videos of people unboxing their capture cards pointing to 3dsvideocapture, so i'm going to go ahead and order from them :P thanks!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That seems like the legit one. They seem to have a lot more of a filled out site, and they actually have contact information. 3dsgamecapture has no contact information, no information at all really, just a shop... i've seen multiple youtube videos of people unboxing their capture cards pointing to 3dsvideocapture, so i'm going to go ahead and order from them :P thanks!

Not a problem. Feel free to message me or anything if you need a hand with their software once you have it :)

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: I ordered it. Ended up being just under $400 for the 2DS... now we wait and hope it's on <=9.2, or i'm going out and wasting another $80 on a Sky (BTW, anyone got one they no longer want and are willing to sell? If I need one i'll make a thread asking, figured may as well ask here though)

D

Deleted-355425

You could just remove the capture pcb and guts and move them over to a different console which has the correct firmware if you can solder.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just remove the capture pcb and guts and move them over to a different console which has the correct firmware if you can solder.

I'm only 16, so I wouldn't really trust myself, but my dad does have a solderer (Is that correct? I don't know :P) and he at least sort of knows what he is doing, but to be honest, I don't know if I would want to. I would probably just buy a Sky, instead of a new console (It's about the same price, and having a Sky + Gateway is always nice, and I could resell my copy of CN to make back about half the price). Also, as far as i've heard, if you buy a brand new 2DS, they are still on 6.X, so I SHOULD be fine... I just talked to someone who did the exact same thing as me about a month ago (Ordered a 2DS off of Katsukity hoping it was on <=9.2) and they got it on 6.X c:

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm only 16, so I wouldn't really trust myself, but my dad does have a solderer (Is that correct? I don't know :P) and he at least sort of knows what he is doing, but to be honest, I don't know if I would want to. I would probably just buy a Sky, instead of a new console (It's about the same price, and having a Sky + Gateway is always nice, and I could resell my copy of CN to make back about half the price). Also, as far as i've heard, if you buy a brand new 2DS, they are still on 6.X, so I SHOULD be fine... I just talked to someone who did the exact same thing as me about a month ago (Ordered a 2DS off of Katsukity hoping it was on <=9.2) and they got it on 6.X c:

Have 2DSs even started being shipped on firmwares higher than 9.2? I don't think I've heard a report of any console aside from the N3DS that has.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have 2DSs even started being shipped on firmwares higher than 9.2? I don't think I've heard a report of any console aside from the N3DS that has.

I don't think I have either, but I figured I may as well ask just in case someone had gotten one and didn't feel like posting about it haha ^.^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy