OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what is the name of the rom set which would have 1:1 back-ups of dsi enhanced roms? the current round of testing is revealing that the roms are missing dsi data and that they should be run in ds mode =P

so far only tron - evolution (e) is working but i'm not even sure whats "enchanced" about it.

and before you all jump on me, no i didn't ask where to get roms, i asked the name of the collection that would be 1:1 dumps without the dsi data removed.

cheers,
-another world

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alice in wonderland EU seems to start properly on iEvo and Sonic collection.
Those games has DSi parts but are not used. I suppose Tron is in the same case.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
are the rest of the dsi enhanced roms even supported yet? they said so on the forum so i grabbed a bunch but the softwareis saying to run them in ds mode because the dsi data is missing. i'm assuming its the roms i have and not the firmware.

-another world

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a doubt about the fact this flashcart run real enhanced dsi games for now.
The loader seems to check the offset 0x12 to determine if the dump is a DSI or DS dump.

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IIRC, the dump of My Healthy Cooking Coach (U) by SUXXORS contained valid DSi sections. That game also is known to use the camera, so seems like a good candidate for testing.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think in some cases, the game will run better (less slowdown or choppiness) in a DSi in DSi mode than it does on a regular DS. That is certainly true of Sonic Collection.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yeah, and cyclo is pushing the "layering" feature they have coded into the software. they are saying that you can now run any ds mode game (and homebrew by the next firmware upgrade) in dsi mode and gain the benefits of the faster cpu and increased ram. the only issue i will face with that, as far as testing, is that normmatt has fixed all of those issues in akaio. he either found the bugs and addressed them directly (like with POR) or added code to allow stuff to work better on slower/generic msd cards. to be honest i can't recall experiencing a "slow down" issue while beta testing akaio all these years, lol.

so anyone have a good list of games that use the actual dsi features? i have cooking coach so i'll give that a go. i need a few more to make sure dsi-mode is actually allowing roms to access the extra features of the dsi.

Rydian, thanks for the tip about the development system.

-another world

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Bejeweled Twist is the only game I know about that has some minor lags on Akaio (not related to mSD). The lags appear during the animations while getting special points.

Since this is a DSi release, it would be very interesting to compare it directly on Akaio in DS mode and on iEvo in DSi mode.

And it's a very nice game, btw.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Another World said:
He either found the bugs and addressed them directly (like with POR) or added code to allow stuff to work better on slower/generic msd cards.

I'm not sure if it was YWG who helped Normatt with the fix the same way he did with TC in solving the PoR freezing (which was a result of bad coding and happens with a real cart too). But anyways, I think it might be neat to see the homebrew running with the DSi hardware instead of the old DS HW.

-Qtis

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i grabbed the following so far and i'll test them out tonight to see if anything fun happens =P

4678 - Bejeweled Twist (DSi Enhanced) (U)(BAHAMUT).nds
4765 - Sonic Classic Collection (DSi Enhanced) (U)(Venom).nds
xxxx - Foto Showdown (DSi Exclusive) (U)(Independent).nds
xxxx - Picture Perfect Hair Salon (DSi Exclusive) (U)(RFTD).nds
xxxx - System FLAW (DSi Exclusive) (E)(RFTD).nds
xxxx - System Flaw (DSi Exclusive) (U)(RFTD).nds

does anyone know if Face Training: Facial exercises to strengthen and relax from Fumiko Inudo for the UK was dumped? i see a 2010 release date but can't find it on advanscene. i read the UK version used the dsi camera.

-another world

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
I have a doubt about the fact this flashcart run real enhanced dsi games for now.
The loader seems to check the offset 0x12 to determine if the dump is a DSI or DS dump.
Scratch this, i'm running the cooking game now with camera support !
Thanks to the firmware v2.
tongue.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
As far as I know, the Face Training game (DSi only) never got dumped.

It vanished from Nintendo of Europe's website quite fast, I don't think this was a success.

You can try & compare Art Acedemy as well.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/...ning_18155.html

Click on "About Art Acedemy (left button) and "Click here to have a look at the comparison table".

There you can see the difference of the DS and DSi mode.

And then tell me when I should press "BUY" on iEvo, plze.
blush.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ran some tests with the ievo v2 firmware:

4678 - Bejeweled Twist (DSi Enhanced) (U)(BAHAMUT) ---- says the game is missing the dsi specific sections, does not load in dsi-mode
4765 - Sonic Classic Collection (DSi Enhanced) (U)(Venom) ---- says the game is missing the dsi specific sections, does not load in dsi-mode
xxxx - Foto Showdown (DSi Exclusive) (U)(Independent) ---- says the game is missing the dsi specific sections, does not load in dsi-mode
xxxx - Picture Perfect Hair Salon (DSi Exclusive) (U)(RFTD) ---- says the game is missing the dsi specific sections, does not load in dsi-mode
xxxx - System FLAW (DSi Exclusive) (E)(RFTD) ---- says the game is missing the dsi specific sections, does not load in dsi-mode
xxxx - System Flaw (DSi Exclusive) (U)(RFTD) ---- says the game is missing the dsi specific sections, does not load in dsi-mode

3949 - My Healthy Cooking Coach (DSi Enhanced) (U)(BAHAMUT) ---- works, camera works.

foto showdown, system flaw, and hair salon, are listed as being "dsi" games. =( the rest of the "dsi-enhanced" games have the same problem except for tron.

i'm also have lots of issues with the in-game menu. it fails to work on a majority of what i've tested so far.

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that the Wood dumper is able to dump DSi games properly. This is actually a very sad list since most of all the ROMS don't work.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lightning said:
Sonic classic collection suns a bit smoother on my dsi!(original cardridge)

That means it may use the eternal CPU of the DSI.
What do you mean by smoother? Is it somehow better than the original cartridge?
Sonic Classics Collection is not advertised as DSi-enhanced is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-