Hacking Iedge 2.2 firmware .sav problem advisory

Lemski07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Please be advised that the latest update on Iedge firmware won't load your save files

just be patient on 2.1 for the moment. coz It happened accidentally that my previosly created sav file was erased and replaced by new sav which doesnt load up also.
angry.gif

frederic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just put on the new 2.2 and all seems to be working fine. Ive tried a dozen games and the saves all loaded up. Maybe the problem you`ve mentioned is game specific? What games have you tried?

Lemski07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah the games all loads up but your save file doesnt, I downloaded the firmware update here in filetrip, well I'll try it again
mellow.gif

Ive tried poke white(e)apatched, rune factory 3, plants vs. zombies but it seems the save I got does not load up.

and tried it also monster rancher, etrian odessey3, golden sun, sims3 , inazuma11

maybe just you have said it would save up but after you have restarted your ds it would be nothing to load up

Ive redownloaded the firmware update to there official site but same results.

frederic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The saves are loading up that Ive tried , but I havent tried any of the games youve listed, I have tried older games. I have found the problem with Sims 3 too , but I have only now put that game on the card, so it maybe fixes for the newer games that are failing. I`ll try to test the games you listed.

EDIT:I am starting to see what you mean.... Plants v Zombies said it was saving, I reset the ds , load the game up again, back to level 1-1.

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Lemski07 said:
Yeah the games all loads up but your save file doesnt, I downloaded the firmware update here in filetrip, well I'll try it again
mellow.gif

Ive tried poke white(e)apatched, rune factory 3, plants vs. zombies but it seems the save I got does not load up.

and tried it also monster rancher, etrian odessey3, golden sun, sims3 , inazuma11

maybe just you have said it would save up but after you have restarted your ds it would be nothing to load up

Ive redownloaded the firmware update to there official site but same results.

I've tried all the games you tested except for Pokemon White, all of them worked and saved fine. Maybe it's just yours that doesn't work.

Lemski07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah it will save just fine all of the games I tested saved but if you restarted your ds your saves would vanish
glare.gif

Im trying right now reformatting my sd if it does not show up I'll just use 2.1 for the moment and wait and see what will happen
yaynds.gif

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Lemski07 said:
Yeah it will save just fine all of the games I tested saved but if you restarted your ds your saves would vanish
glare.gif

Im trying right now reformatting my sd if it does not show up I'll just use 2.1 for the moment and wait and see what will happen
yaynds.gif

No, it wouldn't, as I've said, I tried what you said what you're doing and it saved perfectly. Nothing vanished.

Lemski07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
what kind of edge do you use? the original one or the Iedge one because im using the latter one
unsure.gif

if you try the sims 3 it have autosave feature at the start it will tell you "corrupt save data"

Ive just done formatting my sd and have same results
angry.gif

Lemski07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
well at least 2.1 runs almost all recently released game , its just my habit of updating console if there is an update
rolleyes.gif

I hope this would be solved

(anyway where did you bought ur Iedge moodswinger I bought mine at rocksoftonline I pass by there store to pick it up)
I got the white covered iedge and
I dont think there are different version of the flashcart or is it an micro sd issue?

Lemski07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think I figure it out why it does not work

you should put the rom on the sd directly not inside a folder
closedeyes.gif

and your saves would now work on v2.2
yaynds.gif

but the consequence is that your sd would be quite messi
unsure.gif

frederic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lemski07 said:
I think I figure it out why it does not work

you should put the rom on the sd directly not inside a folder
closedeyes.gif

and your saves would now work on v2.2
yaynds.gif

but the consequence is that your sd would be quite messi
unsure.gif

You are right. Thankyou. Sims 3 works .
yaynds.gif

I have half my games in a folder because the games didnt show on the list when there was more than 4gb of data on the sd card. Maybe this problem has been solved...

A5J4DX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yep i too can confirm the .sav problem i knew it was the new firmware straight away because as soon as i switched to v2.2 it occured, hope edge team fixes it

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Maybe it's important to talk about the CRC code of this "iEDGE.DAT" or "EDGE.DAT"
we need to avoid!

EDGE.DAT 2.2 = [7C4FA4F8]
iEDGE.DAT 2.2 = [7D211178]

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both iEDGE and EDGE, there's no problem with the latter. Stop posting if you haven't tested anything on it. iEDGE is the only one with the problem if you don't have your games at the root of your card.
lecture.gif

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
ahh, man. too bad i read about this only now, seeing as we edge users usually don't have problems with updates, and nothing as save-breaking as this one.

i lost a couple of good hours on some saves, good thing i always keep backups, but too bad i didn't backup that often. :/

so i guess i'd have to take all my games out of its folders, eh? well, i prefer my cards organized, so i think i'll slip back to EDGE 2.1 (i can always switch firmwares on the fly, using DSorganize to overwrite the iEDGE.dat file from backups on my microsd). i don't care much for the updated cheats so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E