Hacking Idiot friend updated SYSNand to 10.5

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
you can block the wifi acess at all with parental controll, right?
Nope, the parental controls only stop the user from launching internet browser, accessing eShop and launching online modules from games.
If you are near a nintendo zone like hotspot (worst case ever because it only requires that the 3DS is with it's wifi on) or access point that was setup on your 3DS but isn't using tubehax DNS or other controlled environment the console will auto download the update and then nag the user until you do the cleaning routine explained by @Sliter

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've got some 3ds to spare because I didn't sell or trade them when I've upgraded models; O3DS small factor USA/JP --> O3DS XL + Jp 3DS XL and then USA N3DS, and I've got lucky that I could use GW and CFW on O3DS because I've stopped updating them.
The main lesson is, if you don't actually have a console unit that you'll always updated then don't f***ing borrow them to other people, especially if unattended.

EDIT: Actually when a cousing tried to buy a 3DS for his daughter and asked me for advice I only said: it costs this much and ask the seller about how to pirate on it, since I'm already doomed as the "family tech support guy". Really, the worst thing you can do on your life is letting noobish friends and family know that you tech savvy enough to pirate software (mainly on consoles) and fix computers and other gadgets.

Cool, if these are systems you own.

"Family tech guy" comment:

I'm doing away with that right now. I've started to make them feel stupid that they have bad ass pc setup, smartphones, the fastest internet connection but yet can't find information on what they need done. This is what happens when you enable them to not do any researching, reading. I may/may not have played a role in that but I'm taking the initiative.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, the parental controls only stop the user from launching internet browser, accessing eShop and launching online modules from games.
If you are near a nintendo zone like hotspot (worst case ever because it only requires that the 3DS is with it's wifi on) or access point that was setup on your 3DS but isn't using tubehax DNS or other controlled environment the console will auto download the update and then nag the user until you do the cleaning routine explained by @Sliter
ok well.. so better keep the wifi switch off on sysnand , maybe they don't know how to turn it on? hahah xD
Anyway just a prevention .. because I really don't like to let people using my stuff without knowledgeabout it :/

3DS5HAX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDE...... You don't have permissions with HBlauncher to downgrade, and the cias cannot be used as nand backup!!! What the hell are you blabbing about?

here you go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not a nand backup just to use to downgrade

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

here you go

Hardmod
yQAjJV5.jpg