Ideas that may or may not work

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend made an arcade machine with his dad and I wanted to mimic it. I imagined a case that would fit a laptop, a partition was made on a hard drive devoted to MAME and on startup of the computer, it would ask which you'd like to boot, it would default to MAME after 5 seconds, but if you pressed down, you could boot into your regular pc things. A controller for this would be a Street Fighter 4 arcade style pad. So would this work? Linux could be installed on the partitioned hard drive so MAME was usable. Leave what you think and post your own ideas!

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend made an arcade machine with his dad and I wanted to mimic it. I imagined a case that would fit a laptop, a partition was made on a hard drive devoted to MAME and on startup of the computer, it would ask which you'd like to boot, it would default to MAME after 5 seconds, but if you pressed down, you could boot into your regular pc things. A controller for this would be a Street Fighter 4 arcade style pad. So would this work? Linux could be installed on the partitioned hard drive so MAME was usable. Leave what you think and post your own ideas!
I was planning on doingoing this, but using a cheap old xp desktop and an old dumpster cRte monitor to make the process cheaper and more permanent, I even made a miniature moddel, but in order to get quality materials for it would be too expensive, because I'm poor. And even if I did spend all my money on wood then put my old desktop and an old TV I founderstand in it, it would look like an ancient chunk of unpainted wood, since I can't paint either. But other than that, you can do it. I have measurements for you if you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1