[Idea] Yoshis New Island Music Restoration !!!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by CrazyMaxx, Jul 25, 2016.

1. CrazyMaxx
    OP

CrazyMaxx GAMER

Nov 13, 2015
    Gambia, The
    My Idea is a Restoration from the Soundtracks from Snes, to the 3ds...
    The Snes Soundtracks are soo Perfekt... and the 3ds Music is so Bowring...
    This is only a Idea, and I cant hack Music in 3ds Games...
    Everyone who one take this Idea and make it to a patch is welcome

Sinon likes this.

2. SketchyPixel

SketchyPixel GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2016
    Korea, North
    Idk, a Black Hole maybe?
    This should be in it.

Last edited by SketchyPixel, Jul 25, 2016
    Kourin and Tomato Hentai like this.
  3. qwertoman

qwertoman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    I agree, a rom hack of yoshis new island with better music would be fantastic!

4. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Okay cool have fun.

Kourin likes this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    This whole game needs to be remade. It was just awful and was clearly rushed out. The levels are short and easy, the music is bad, the graphics are dull and lifeless, and whole game just feels like a soulless attempt at cashing in on nostalgia. Fixing the music would be a nice start, but there's so much more wrong with the game that it honestly just needs a complete overhaul.

6. SketchyPixel

Jul 4, 2016
    Korea, North
    Idk, a Black Hole maybe?
    Yeah. I wish VC had SuperFX support. (I heard it was some sort of legal dispute) So we could play the original.
    I know there's RetroArch, but performance isn't always the best. (Surprisingly good though.)

7. Newest Nick Team

Newest Nick Team GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2014
    United States
    You don't wanna know. :P
    That idea would be good, including to increase the hits of each boss to make it stand out as a game. Seriously, 3 hits for each boss aren't a charm in this game, eh wot? :glare:

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Well, it's not so much the hit count that sucks. It's that they are just too easy to kill. The bosses don't even present an actual challenge, which means hitting them more really won't make it more enjoyable, just fill in more time. It's still going to be boring, just a longer boring.

Thelostrune and Tomato Hentai like this.
  9. VioletX

VioletX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2016
    Isn't there a GBA Version you can install trough a cia?
    Probably a bad version because the mario advance games were kinda meh.

10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If the game is too easy maybe it was meant for younger ages?

To be honest the original SMW2 Yoshi island, is much difficult espeically for 100% So that is no kids game, it would give them nightmares the kind of stuff in the game.

When i first saw this game i was like "ANOTHER YOSHI ISLAND GAME" Between this game and Yoshi Wooly world.
    It just reminds me of a yoshi story based game that seem more for kids. I personally haven't played either game but i remember @Crystal the Glaceon Made a blog post about yoshi wooly world. (Correct me if i am wrong) But i just feel like the name is selling the games instead of the games being worth the $40 or $60 value they ask, while games like new super mario bros are and mario 3d world are probably worth more than the $60 price tag the ask for. :unsure:

11. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Yoshi's Island was a game targeted "towards kids," but it still progressed nicely, getting increasingly more difficult as you played. Making each level feel rewarding when you beat it.
    Yoshi's Island DS tried and for the most part did it ok, but still suffered from a few minor problems (like the space between the screens still counting as physical space.)
    Yoshi's New Island was just pandering. It never increased in difficultly and even for being a "kids game," that's just insulting. It basically implies that kids don't want to be challenged and thus the game won't challenge them. Making the game feel lazy and lacking any real form of reward. They obviously just didn't care about this game and it shows.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jul 25, 2016
  12. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well i know, those games in that title series don't come out as often as mario games and even when mario games are our they are more fun and challenging, I never played mario galaxy but there is a "Champion's Road" Stage that originated there and when i played super mario 3d world and 3d land i found that including a Final challenge level a good thing to have unlocked a good thing since you do so much and learn everything it shows up as a final test of your skill.

But to be honest you are right the yoshi island game was aimed for kids, so kids are who should find it appealing as apposed to adults. Some of the stuff in the Yoshi island for snes didn't seem to child friendly, Touch fuzzy get dizzy Baseball bandits who harm you and steal your stuff, Giant monsters like that black penguin, and Final form bowser jr..... You get eaten by a frog and fight huge enemies for crying out loud. Kids should be having nightmares from it. I after yoshi story it was clear they wanted to make the game series focused for kids making it easy to play, appealing graphics and maybe even sound and music that sound like a baby nursing rhyme or something. :unsure:

13. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I think it's the level of effort they put into the games. This one just felt like they didn't even try.
    Either way, we are way off topic. So we should get back to topic.

Maybe with the music, we can try to fix some of the other problems with the games. If there's one thing fans are good at, it's improving games.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  14. SketchyPixel

Jul 4, 2016
    Korea, North
    Idk, a Black Hole maybe?
    Second that last part.

15. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    Getting real tired of these "I have an idea but you guys do it" posts.
    Can't you at least supply some of the remixed music if you want people to insert new tracks in?

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  16. CrazyMaxx
    OP

CrazyMaxx GAMER

Nov 13, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Lol so many Replys :)
    The Second thing, Yoshi must be faster in New Island....
    In last days I play a Yoshi Island Ds mod with Orginal Music... Amazing :)

17. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Are you actually going to make this?

18. CrazyMaxx
    OP

CrazyMaxx GAMER

Nov 13, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I must learn how change the music in 3ds games...
    I dont know...
    But I will do it after soneone tell it me...

19. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    So you know nothing and you want people how to tell you how to do it all?

20. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's Official Axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your couch
    Just to help the op, it isn't that hard. Just extract the cia contents and replace all of the bcstm with the new ones. Then repack the cia and you should be done (correct me if i'm wrong).

To make a bcstm you should convert a wav file using certaing tool and make the song to loop.