ROM Hack [Idea] Yoshis New Island Music Restoration !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyMaxx

Stand-User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Idea is a Restoration from the Soundtracks from Snes, to the 3ds...
The Snes Soundtracks are soo Perfekt... and the 3ds Music is so Bowring...
This is only a Idea, and I cant hack Music in 3ds Games...
Everyone who one take this Idea and make it to a patch is welcome

Reactions: AutumnWolf

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This whole game needs to be remade. It was just awful and was clearly rushed out. The levels are short and easy, the music is bad, the graphics are dull and lifeless, and whole game just feels like a soulless attempt at cashing in on nostalgia. Fixing the music would be a nice start, but there's so much more wrong with the game that it honestly just needs a complete overhaul.

D

Deleted-394630

This whole game needs to be remade. It was just awful and was clearly rushed out. The levels are short and easy, the music is bad, the graphics are dull and lifeless, and whole game just feels like a soulless attempt at cashing in on nostalgia. Fixing the music would be a nice start, but there's so much more wrong with the game that it honestly just needs a complete overhaul.
Yeah. I wish VC had SuperFX support. (I heard it was some sort of legal dispute) So we could play the original.
I know there's RetroArch, but performance isn't always the best. (Surprisingly good though.)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That idea would be good, including to increase the hits of each boss to make it stand out as a game. Seriously, 3 hits for each boss aren't a charm in this game, eh wot? :glare:
Well, it's not so much the hit count that sucks. It's that they are just too easy to kill. The bosses don't even present an actual challenge, which means hitting them more really won't make it more enjoyable, just fill in more time. It's still going to be boring, just a longer boring.

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I wish VC had SuperFX support. (I heard it was some sort of legal dispute) So we could play the original.
I know there's RetroArch, but performance isn't always the best. (Surprisingly good though.)
Isn't there a GBA Version you can install trough a cia?
Probably a bad version because the mario advance games were kinda meh.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game is too easy maybe it was meant for younger ages?

To be honest the original SMW2 Yoshi island, is much difficult espeically for 100% So that is no kids game, it would give them nightmares the kind of stuff in the game.

When i first saw this game i was like "ANOTHER YOSHI ISLAND GAME" Between this game and Yoshi Wooly world.
It just reminds me of a yoshi story based game that seem more for kids. I personally haven't played either game but i remember @Crystal the Glaceon Made a blog post about yoshi wooly world. (Correct me if i am wrong) But i just feel like the name is selling the games instead of the games being worth the $40 or $60 value they ask, while games like new super mario bros are and mario 3d world are probably worth more than the $60 price tag the ask for. :unsure:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the game is too easy maybe it was meant for younger ages?

To be honest the original SMW2 Yoshi island, is much difficult espeically for 100% So that is no kids game, it would give them nightmares the kind of stuff in the game.

When i first saw this game i was like "ANOTHER YOSHI ISLAND GAME" Between this game and Yoshi Wooly world.
It just reminds me of a yoshi story based game that seem more for kids. I personally haven't played either game but i remember @Crystal the Glaceon Made a blog post about yoshi wooly world. (Correct me if i am wrong) But i just feel like the name is selling the games instead of the games being worth the $40 or $60 value they ask, while games like new super mario bros are and mario 3d world are probably worth more than the $60 price tag the ask for. :unsure:
Yoshi's Island was a game targeted "towards kids," but it still progressed nicely, getting increasingly more difficult as you played. Making each level feel rewarding when you beat it.
Yoshi's Island DS tried and for the most part did it ok, but still suffered from a few minor problems (like the space between the screens still counting as physical space.)
Yoshi's New Island was just pandering. It never increased in difficultly and even for being a "kids game," that's just insulting. It basically implies that kids don't want to be challenged and thus the game won't challenge them. Making the game feel lazy and lacking any real form of reward. They obviously just didn't care about this game and it shows.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi's Island was a game targeted "towards kids," but it still progressed nicely, getting increasingly more difficult as you played. Making reach level feel rewarding when you beat it.
Yoshi's Island DS tried and for the most part did it ok, but still suffered from a few minor problems (like the space between the screens still counting as physical space.)
Yoshi's New Island was just pandering. It never increased in difficultly and even for being a "kids game," that's just insulting. It basically implies that kids don't want to be challenged and thus the game won't challenge them. Making the game feel lazy and lacking any real form of reward. They obviously just didn't care about this game and it shows.
Well i know, those games in that title series don't come out as often as mario games and even when mario games are our they are more fun and challenging, I never played mario galaxy but there is a "Champion's Road" Stage that originated there and when i played super mario 3d world and 3d land i found that including a Final challenge level a good thing to have unlocked a good thing since you do so much and learn everything it shows up as a final test of your skill.

But to be honest you are right the yoshi island game was aimed for kids, so kids are who should find it appealing as apposed to adults. Some of the stuff in the Yoshi island for snes didn't seem to child friendly, Touch fuzzy get dizzy Baseball bandits who harm you and steal your stuff, Giant monsters like that black penguin, and Final form bowser jr..... You get eaten by a frog and fight huge enemies for crying out loud. Kids should be having nightmares from it. I after yoshi story it was clear they wanted to make the game series focused for kids making it easy to play, appealing graphics and maybe even sound and music that sound like a baby nursing rhyme or something. :unsure:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well i know, those games in that title series don't come out as often as mario games and even when mario games are our they are more fun and challenging, I never played mario galaxy but there is a "Champion's Road" Stage that originated there and when i played super mario 3d world and 3d land i found that including a Final challenge level a good thing to have unlocked a good thing since you do so much and learn everything it shows up as a final test of your skill.

But to be honest you are right the yoshi island game was aimed for kids, so kids are who should find it appealing as apposed to adults. Some of the stuff in the Yoshi island for snes didn't seem to child friendly, Touch fuzzy get dizzy Baseball bandits who harm you and steal your stuff, Giant monsters like that black penguin, and Final form bowser jr..... You get eaten by a frog and fight huge enemies for crying out loud. Kids should be having nightmares from it. I after yoshi story it was clear they wanted to make the game series focused for kids making it easy to play, appealing graphics and maybe even sound and music that sound like a baby nursing rhyme or something. :unsure:
I think it's the level of effort they put into the games. This one just felt like they didn't even try.
Either way, we are way off topic. So we should get back to topic.

Maybe with the music, we can try to fix some of the other problems with the games. If there's one thing fans are good at, it's improving games.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight
D

Deleted-394630

I think it's the level of effort they put into the games. This one just felt like they didn't even try.
Either way, we are way off topic. So we should get back to topic.

Maybe with the music, we can try to fix some of the other problems with the games. If there's one thing fans are good at, it's improving games.
Second that last part.

CrazyMaxx

Stand-User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol so many Replys :)
The Second thing, Yoshi must be faster in New Island....
In last days I play a Yoshi Island Ds mod with Orginal Music... Amazing :)

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to help the op, it isn't that hard. Just extract the cia contents and replace all of the bcstm with the new ones. Then repack the cia and you should be done (correct me if i'm wrong).

To make a bcstm you should convert a wav file using certaing tool and make the song to loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: