Hacking Idea that may help Virtual Console with the 4.0 Update

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys.
This is an idea I've had since Nintendo's Spring SD Card Solution was announced.
Here are the facts that will help justify why my I think my idea is good.

Installed Virtual Console games can be copied to an SD card.
Virtual Console games that are copied to an SD card can be accessed directly from the SD card.
Any files saved onto the SD card can be copied to a computer.

So here's the idea. You may have pieced it together by now, but I'll go ahead.

If someone were to install a lot of WAD files (VC games) onto their Wiis, copy them to their SD card, then copy the launchable file to their computer, they can upload the installed file, you'd be able to just download the game, put it into your SD card and launch it with your Wii.

When installed VC games are copied to an SD card, they are usually smaller than the WAD file. (NES games become a few dozen blocks)
N64 games, however; are are nearly the same size both compressed into a WAD file, and installed.

Why this might not work:
Nintendo might be putting a pirating block on the Virtual console games, binding the VC games to your Wii.
This might be removable with some type of patcher, or possibly changed to work on your Wii, rather than someone else's.

Again, I remind you that this is just an idea I thought of.
I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I think it's definitely worth a try.

If this works, it'll be loads of fun having every N64 game right on your SD card.
If you were to update to 4.0, you still have to consider the downfall of the update.
You can no longer install WAD files, according to some of the 4.0 homebrew testers.
Until (or if) a custom WAD installer is released, this will remain impossible.
People have mentioned custom IOS's, but I'm not sure how any of that works. So if you were wondering why I never mentioned the IOS, this is why.
I'm not knowledgeable enough on the subject to go into that.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't work. You can copy games to SD card since the beginning.
Read before you post your "ideas" which are as old as the Wii. Do you really think nobody had such ideas before?
Games on the SD card are encrypted and only the Wii which encrypted them can open them.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't work.The reason is you still can't copy vc and wiiware games from wii to wii it should work for your wii though but then again I don't think it will.

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok to load VC from the new SD menu - install a VC wad to wii , move it to SD than load GAMMA - turn on NO COPY FLAGS - Reboot with B and now you can enter sd menu and load any VC you copied over

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what he was trying to ask in a round about way.

Can we copy a legit game to SD card, then use something similar to wad injecting, to turn it into a diffrent game, to play since the ticket is still in the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps