Homebrew [Idea] Looking for exploit(s) in system app(s)...maybe?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Most of you right now have DSi systems with Flipnote installed, but I only have the DSi Browser and I said this like a million times already. But of course, some people are unlucky enough to have DSi's with literally nothing on them, and as a result these DSi's are unhackable. And if the upcoming exploit doesn't come out for DSi Browser, then people with DSi's that have only the Browser are going to be part of that not-so-exclusive club as well.

Which is why I'm suggesting something like searching through and reverse-engineering DSi system apps with SD card access (e.g. DSi Camera, DSi Sound) to see if they are exploitable. This will be pretty hard though, as DSi Camera and Sound have checks to see if any file is corrupted, and if it is, then it can't be viewed or played. Again, this is only a suggestion/idea to try and search for an exploit in DSi system apps, not downright telling people to shove one out of their butts. *insert Iwata "please understand" here*

Reactions: siamese

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Team Twiizers have already tried exploiting system apps in the past.
They aren't exploitable.
I've read that Soundhax on the 3DS could be back ported to DSi but don't hold your hopes up.
For now, you either need to get a hardmod or get ahold of a DSi that has those applications installed.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
For now, you either need to get a hardmod or get ahold of a DSi that has those applications installed.
The local game shop clerks don't know how to do hardmods (when I bricked my old 3DS I tried to get a clerk to hardmod it, but he still didn't know how to do it so I ended up getting another 3DS), and looking for an exploited/exploitable DSi is hard enough. In fact, I've tried opening up a WTB thread for an exploited DSi, and GhostLatte already said he had an extra DSi with Sudokuhax and 4swordshax. I'm still literally waiting for a WEEK and counting just for a photo of it.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gamestore personell is there to sell games, not to rescue a pirate in dire need for piracy.

Then send a personal message?
Go and look for another DSi?
Send it to someone on here who can hardmod?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Gamestore personell is there to sell games, not to rescue a pirate in dire need for piracy.

Then send a personal message?
Go and look for another DSi?
Send it to someone on here who can hardmod?
I live in Morocco. It's already hard when it comes to online shopping from this country, especially since the MAD currency isn't already supported by a lot of online shopping websites.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
I bet the local game store has a DSi XL sitting there collecting dust. I got my Midnight Blue DSi XL from Walmart and it had Flipnote preinstalled. Maybe you'll have luck finding a Midnight Blue DSi XL.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I bet the local game store has a DSi XL sitting there collecting dust. I got my Midnight Blue DSi XL from Walmart and it had Flipnote preinstalled. Maybe you'll have luck finding a Midnight Blue DSi XL.
Since I'm living in north AFRICA, this will likely get hard. The only luck I have is either WTB here, or going to one of multiple stores in the city that have retro game consoles.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As JellyPerson said, use a proxy.

You can also ask someone else you trust from a different country if he/she can import something for you if you send her/him the money.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can send him a message, asking if he can get a DSi for you.
JUst give him some details onto what you need and he will prolly get it for you if you repay him.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

In some undeveloped area, games stores sell modded consoles and pirated games and provide modding services too, like where I lives.

@CatmanFan if they did provide modding service and just don't know how to do DSi hardmod specifically, it might help to bring the hardmod tutorial with you, just show them.

If they do not provide such service, you might as well check some phone repair shops.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I still don't know what to do.
The only thing we can do now though is just wait. Are the devs secretly trying to work on a DSi Browser exploit without us knowing? Will the upcoming exploit be for Flipnote only? Only time will tell.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In some undeveloped area, games stores sell modded consoles and pirated games and provide modding services too, like where I lives.

@CatmanFan if they did provide modding service and just don't know how to do DSi hardmod specifically, it might help to bring the hardmod tutorial with you, just show them.

If they do not provide such service, you might as well check some phone repair shops.

Then they're not established gamestores but shady businesses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.