• Start date
  • Views 2,262
  • Replies 20

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could have just pmed @ihaveamac. Besides I don't believe smea introduces periodic updates for his launcher, just more accesses with newer payloads.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's not really any point to it anyway. smealum's launcher is hardly updated.

I mean if you desperately want it...

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then, what do I have to edit?
quite a bit so it extracts the .zip to get HANS, the boot.3dsx, etc...

having it update just HANS feels like a waste to me, since the entire starter pack has to be downloaded to do it.

it does feel like only HANS gets updates though, so maybe.

since the starter pack isn't hosted on a site using HTTPS, I don't need to do anything with my server. there's a bonus.

Last edited by ihaveahax,
D

Deleted User

OP
The idea of the 3DS HB Launcher having auto updates sounds like a good idea. The Wii's homebrew channel managed to implement auto-updates, so it only makes sense to implement it into the 3DS homebrew channel ;)
However, there would need to be a specific place on the web where you can connect and download the latest payload and what-not, and you need to make sure that the webpage/server is always active.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Because most people currenly use Masher's homebrew launcher. It completly obliterates Smealum's launcher in terms of features and even functionality.

Also, HANS doesn't update frequently, the updates so far have been bug fixes because of the recent launch.

D

Deleted User

OP
How about a server with homebrew for updating apps?
I think most dev's would join...
I mean, you update guess the number, Hans, Portal3ds and FTP-3ds.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since