Homebrew [Idea?] Automatic Pokemon Shiny Hunter With Input Redirection

CamNZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
THIS IS ALL FROM REDDIT PLZ TELL ME IF I DID SOMETHING WRONG

So, I recently got cfw on my 3ds and I am enjoying it. But after I played with all the hacks and etc, I got back into legal stuff like starting a Pokemon living dex. I then thought about shines and how they are super hard to get and take a long time.

So I asked a question on the Q&A about whether there is an automatic shiny hunter with input redirection. The person that replied said that there was none and that I would have to program it??? and the person asked that if I have cfw then why don't I just gen it in? So why don't I just gen it in? Becuase of the adventure, the random IVs, and Nature, (I KNOW YOU CAN MAKE THESE RANDOM IN PKHEX) and also the bond and stuff like that. lol, don't care just want legit shiny :)

Would this be a good idea? Am I posting this at the right place? Do you guys even care? (jk) Are the mods going to delete this? (probably)

Thanks

then,

"You could make an input machine pretty easily. The hard part is knowing when it's a shiny. That would probably require hooking into the game to read values. If there was a cheat engine for 3ds, and the 3ds could run it along side the game, then it would be possible. Maybe NTR could do it, I'm not sure how that actually works."

I replied,

"Ok. It is really EASY!. All you have to do is find if the bottom screen stays black-ish for longer when you find an encounter. Because the shiny sparkles add an extra second."

then,

"Okay, that should do. It would require a bit of work, but I suppose you could take a screenshot of the bottom screen while in the overworld, while it's black, and while in a battle, then once you're running the program, have it take screenshots of the bottom screen before inputs, and compare it to the ones you took before for an exact match. You'd need to go offline though, so you don't get that pesky PSS displaying messages and ruining it. I guess you could try pitching all of this to gbatemp, they'd probably be able to actually get it working."

DO YOUR WORK!

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: