Icons moved on their own?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently upgraded my video card drivers, and restarted my computer. Everything was fine, and I opened firefox and then minimized about 20 minutes later. My icons were all moved around, but not like alligned, like they were switched up into a square shape sort of like I'd changed the resolution very low, but I never did?

any ideas why this might've happened?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
During the video driver upgrade, the resolution would have been reset at the point where the official drivers are unloaded and the default ones are loaded (or in reverse, unloading default to load the officials). When this happens sometimes Windows will sometimes save the moved positions overtop of your custom ones.

Could have gotten around it by backing up and then replacing the hidden settings for the desktop folder's layout, but this is such a small issue I don't know anybody that's bothered making instructions for it, 'ya know?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During the video driver upgrade, the resolution would have been reset at the point where the official drivers are unloaded and the default ones are loaded (or in reverse, unloading default to load the officials). When this happens sometimes Windows will sometimes save the moved positions overtop of your custom ones.

Could have gotten around it by backing up and then replacing the hidden settings for the desktop folder's layout, but this is such a small issue I don't know anybody that's bothered making instructions for it, 'ya know?
Its not an issue but I was just confused why it happened, thanks though

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not an issue but I was just confused why it happened, thanks though

Everytime you log off, these settings are saved into your local profile. If your computer ever shuts down unsafely, it doesn't save correctly in your local profile and it loads up to default arrangement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse