iChoose ô.ö

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah so I'll may have the possibilty to obtain an iPod, but I'm not sure which one I should choose...

So my Itunes music libary has 8,33 GB (+ some soundtracks of maybe 1GB which aren't included yet) of musics atm, but it grew around 1 GB last week...
I also have around 18 GB of Anime atm (this will expand for sure), which I may want to watch on the iPod (if screen size allows watching anime + subtitle)

So let's see:

The Classic.
Yeah a basic Ipod like the ones years back, 120 GB space, which will last me a loooooooooooooong time..., 2,5 inch screen...okay size, a bit thick and not that mini

The Nano.
a small one, 8/16 GB of space (I would probably buy the 16GB one), which will be okay for now, 2,0 inch screen...small size, but maybe ok because of the high resolution, cover flow by turning the ipod on the side, maybe cool/maybe sucks

The Touch.
big, but thin one, 8/16 GB of space (again I would probably buy the 16GB one), 3,5 inch screen...big one, again cover flow by turning the ipod on the side, touchscreen control, WiFi (I don't really care about this because I've got a EeePC which is way better to browse the web/do chatting)

So those are the ones I've looked at...
the classic is my favorite because of the basic controls and lots of space, but the touchscreen of the touch is really cool...but it's expensive for little space
both are very big, so the nano may be nice + the new cover flow control, but its battery isn't that good and its small screen is meh for video playback

Which one would you choose?
Please don't tell me about other cheaper MP3 Players because all I've seen until now have either a shitty UI or are lame as hell...+ I want to use itunes with this
the zune may be nice, but it's not avaible in my country, so I'll have to pass on this one.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
If I were an iUser, I'd buy a Touch.

Raki said:
Please don't tell me about other cheaper MP3 Players because all I've seen until now have either a shitty UI or are lame as hell...+ I want to use itunes with this
the zune may be nice, but it's not avaible in my country, so I'll have to pass on this one.

Have you looked at Archos?

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iChoose you Pikachu.

I think the Archos is a bit to expensive. How about the creative series? You could import a zune if need be.

If you do not see your collection growing much in the next few years then get the iTouch

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iChoose pikachu....lol o_o

I mainly see those big video archos player (7 inch display...) which aren't very portable
I've already seen the creative zen/x-fi and they aren't bad, but they're still somewhat slow in shutting down/booting and I don't like their buttons for long lists of songs

Why would you choose a iTouch? Just because of the new ways of controling it?

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew, huge screen for better info and maybe video but 16 gigs is not a lot for that i guess.

For myself I would probably pick the classic as I would need all the space I could get for music.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a touch and I wish I got a different one...I mean it's cool but you get bored of the touch screen sensitivity after about 1 month...Then it just becomes a regular Mp3 with pics. I would advice a nano or the other ones...I mean, you get it for music and web browsing...so might aswell get something that is more portable and stores more music.(The games are good; but I would rather waste my time playing better games than the Ipod touches apps)

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kevenka said:
I have a touch and I wish I got a different one...I mean it's cool but you get bored of the touch screen sensitivity after about 1 month...Then it just becomes a regular Mp3 with pics. I would advice a nano or the other ones...I mean, you get it for music and web browsing...so might aswell get something that is more portable and stores more music.(The games are good; but I would rather waste my time playing better games than the Ipod touches apps)

thanks for this feedback...this confirms, what I thought about the touchscreen

so I'll probably choose the classic, lots of space and mid display should serve my music and anime needs well...the nano would just be soon too small in storage size

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol