Gaming I would like conclusive answers on which ds lite models have ghosting and which don't.

Marcosmoutta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I can't find info on this anywhere on the internet. All people have to say is "some ds lites have ghosting and some don't".
Please help.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never heard of it (and without an actual picture there isn't much to comment on), but it sounds like misadjusted bias voltage (the adjustments under the battery cover) or very cold temperature?

Of course if you're buying for yourself, always check for your satisfaction as soon as possible :)

Reactions: zfreeman

Marcosmoutta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Never heard of it (and without an actual picture there isn't much to comment on), but it sounds like misadjusted bias voltage (the adjustments under the battery cover) or very cold temperature?

Of course if you're buying for yourself, always check for your satisfaction as soon as possible :)

90% of ds lites have horrible ghosting, just like the sp 101.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the question might be:
Are you bothered by a DS Lite screen in action?

Honestly I was always fine with them. What came before the DS Lite was horrid by comparison. 'Ghosting' never bothered me for years...well before I heard the term defined. When I found out: "Oh yes, so it does that", I thought. It never bothered me one bit.

..and still doesn't.

The only screen that ever bothered me was the downgrade from the PSP 2000 series to the 3000 series PSP. Sony were selling that crap as 'more vivid'. You can read up all about that. Still, many were not bothered by the 'scanline' issue. I was. The 2000-series had a better LCD.

It can and should be noted that the DS Lite screens were overdue for a pixel upgrade for many years...but that's Nintendo for you. Ghosting for me = non-issue.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Marcosmoutta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think the question might be:
Are you bothered by a DS Lite screen in action?

Honestly I was always fine with them. What came before the DS Lite was horrid by comparison. 'Ghosting' never bothered me for years...well before I heard the term defined. When I found out: "Oh yes, so it does that", I thought. It never bothered me one bit.

..and still doesn't.

The only screen that ever bothered me was the downgrade from the PSP 2000 series to the 3000 series PSP. Sony were selling that crap as 'more vivid'. You can read up all about that. Still, many were not bothered by the 'scanline' issue. I was. The 2000-series had a better LCD.

It can and should be noted that the DS Lite screens were overdue for a pixel upgrade for many years...but that's Nintendo for you. Ghosting for me = non-issue.

I don't care either. My ds lite has ghosting, and it's very visible, but I even think it looks kinda cool. I just wanted to know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.