Misc I wish Nintendo would do something to improve Spotpassing :(

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The attwifi deal was great years ago, but ever since Starbucks moved to Google Wifi and other places also started having different providers, there's hardly anywhere to spotpass anymore. I used to homepass all the time with my cell phone but you can't spoof mac addresses anymore with the newer software. Nintendo could really improve the experience if they expanded the abilities of spotpass to any open wifi network, or any successful connection, really.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
What software are you using to Homepass? Still works for me on Android and I think a lot of people are still doing it with their Raspberry Pis

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Lots of McDonalds still show up as Nintendo Zones for me. You just need any Wifi named "attwifi" to act as a Nintendo Zone. And maybe a MAC spoof, which DD-WRT routers can easily do.

wiimer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The great thing is, when Nintendo advertises with McDonalds Nintendo Zones and those are only available in Germany.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The great thing is, when Nintendo advertises with McDonalds Nintendo Zones and those are only available in Germany.
You can always get a router on DD-WRT and make your own Nintendo Zone. Just spoof the router's MAC address to a known Nintendo Zone MAC, and name the SSID "attwifi" (without quotes, all lowercase). Leave it unsecured to the internet, and you have your own Nintendo Zone. :yay3ds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show