I wish Nintendo would do something to improve Spotpassing :(

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by TidusWulf, Nov 21, 2016.

1. TidusWulf
    OP

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    The attwifi deal was great years ago, but ever since Starbucks moved to Google Wifi and other places also started having different providers, there's hardly anywhere to spotpass anymore. I used to homepass all the time with my cell phone but you can't spoof mac addresses anymore with the newer software. Nintendo could really improve the experience if they expanded the abilities of spotpass to any open wifi network, or any successful connection, really.

2. TheBroCode

TheBroCode GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    What software are you using to Homepass? Still works for me on Android and I think a lot of people are still doing it with their Raspberry Pis

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Lots of McDonalds still show up as Nintendo Zones for me. You just need any Wifi named "attwifi" to act as a Nintendo Zone. And maybe a MAC spoof, which DD-WRT routers can easily do.

4. wiimer

wiimer Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2010
    Australia
    The great thing is, when Nintendo advertises with McDonalds Nintendo Zones and those are only available in Germany.

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    You can always get a router on DD-WRT and make your own Nintendo Zone. Just spoof the router's MAC address to a known Nintendo Zone MAC, and name the SSID "attwifi" (without quotes, all lowercase). Leave it unsecured to the internet, and you have your own Nintendo Zone. :yay3ds:

6. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    spillpass FTW! works like a charm. 10 hits every 3 minutes.