Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, you found what you wanted.

Lot of people moved from loadiine to internal install when it became possible, for conveniance and for load speed (some games have very long load time and lag in games, mario 3D world, hyrule warrior, bayonetta)
But loadiine allow a little more features, like multi-save, dlc and region free without editing your system files, ease patches like gamepad mod or HID support, cheat code, etc.

so, for the moment the trend is to install games, but maybe later it will be back to loadiine (in case it become compatible with FAT32 HDD I'm sure everybody will come back!)
I heared internal installing is permanent so you can't deinstall installed games. Is that true?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heared internal installing is permanent so you can't deinstall installed games. Is that true?
Not in the slightest. Whoever you read that from has no idea what they are talking about.

I've been able to install and uninstall everything from disc games, eShop titles, VC titles, DLC, and homebrew titles without any issue.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can deinstall the game, but it leaves a trace (the ticket).
If you play a game from a disc, it's also installing that ticket, so it shouldn't look different. (maybe not in the correct folder or else eShop wouldn't have issue installing the game again?)

As long as you use correct disc tickets, it shouldn't look suspicious.
If you start installing DLC, eshop and disc games with bad tickets, these wrong ticket will be kept.

The only issue you can encounter is if you install a game with WUP installer, and previously did or in the future intend to buy that game officially from eShop.
The eShop ticket is different than the disc ticket (disc game is for all consoles, eshop game is tied to your console only), WUP installer is replacing existing official eShop tickets and you can't re-download your game officially afterward.
There's a way to fix that. format (deletes the bad tickets) and redownload from eShop, or maybe (untested!) add your consoleID to the forged ticket. There's also the "delete ticket and connect to eshop" trick which re-install a good ticket if you bought that game which doesn't require formatting all the console.

But if you want to keep your console clean, loadiine is the good method. You also don't have to look for tickets, and it's region free and easy to edit/patch games if it needs edition for the region/language.
Also, it works on all WiiU (just insert the SD card!), while games installed on your USB HDD is tied to your console. if you format your wiiu the games on USB will not work anymore and you will have to format it too.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
You can deinstall the game, but it leaves a trace (the ticket).
If you play a game from a disc, it's also installing that ticket, so it shouldn't look different. (maybe not in the correct folder or else eShop wouldn't have issue installing the game again?)

As long as you use correct disc tickets, it shouldn't look suspicious.
If you start installing DLC, eshop and disc games with bad tickets, these wrong ticket will be kept.

The only issue you can encounter is if you install a game with WUP installer, and previously did or in the future intend to buy that game officially from eShop.
The eShop ticket is different than the disc ticket (disc game is for all consoles, eshop game is tied to your console only), WUP installer is replacing existing official eShop tickets and you can't re-download your game officially afterward.
There's a way to fix that. format (deletes the bad tickets) and redownload from eShop, or maybe (untested!) add your consoleID to the forged ticket. There's also the "delete ticket and connect to eshop" trick which re-install a good ticket if you bought that game which doesn't require formatting all the console.

But if you want to keep your console clean, loadiine is the good method. You also don't have to look for tickets, and it's region free and easy to edit/patch games if it needs edition for the region/language.
Also, it works on all WiiU (just insert the SD card!), while games installed on your USB HDD is tied to your console. if you format your wiiu the games on USB will not work anymore and you will have to format it too.

Hey Cyan, got a few questions if I may

1) I have been away from the scene for a while and on my 5.5.1E Wii U w/ Loadiine I have nothing but Super Mario 3D world, are there any new/good homebrew files I can currently get that i'm missing out on???

2) Any idea when Loadiine will support USB External HDDs like Seagate/WD?

3) Is it possible to play Loadiine Games/Disc Games online now that I have the internet protected from Nintendo updates?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) I don't really understand the rapport/question.
You talk about Mario 3D World, but ask about good homebrew.

if you want to know if loadiine got an update, there's a modded version which supports non legit DLC.
If you really want to know about all existing homebrew :
our wiki (still missing some, I'm working on it today)
wiiubrew.org
Wiiubru.com

2)
No idea, but a "LibFAT" support has been alluded (today, fresh news!), thanks to latest Dimok addition to IOSUHax.

3)
It's possible to play online, but not with loadiine.

You can install games directly to the console now, using WUP installer and a good disc ticket.
You can also install the games with a bad ticket, but you need a CFW with signature patch.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Cyan, got a few questions if I may

1) I have been away from the scene for a while and on my 5.5.1E Wii U w/ Loadiine I have nothing but Super Mario 3D world, are there any new/good homebrew files I can currently get that i'm missing out on???

2) Any idea when Loadiine will support USB External HDDs like Seagate/WD?

3) Is it possible to play Loadiine Games/Disc Games online now that I have the internet protected from Nintendo updates?
1. Retroarch

2. I think people have been working on homebrew with USB drives, not sure. I guess soonTM is your best bet

3. IIRC, TubeHax DNS/chickendns only block updates, not online games. You will need to use WUP installer to install them though, loadiine doesn't support online.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
1. Retroarch

2. I think people have been working on homebrew with USB drives, not sure. I guess soonTM is your best bet

3. IIRC, TubeHax DNS/chickendns only block updates, not online games. You will need to use WUP installer to install them though, loadiine doesn't support online.

I see, I will try my playing Smash Bros Wii U disc online then :D

It's only possible to get Smash Bros DLC for free via Loadiine though right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you use the official loadiine, you can play only the DLC you bought.
if you use the loadiine mod by Masqships and the one by Yardape8000 with DLC patch, you can play any DLC even the one you didn't bought.

if you install your game to your console on a CFW with signature patch, you can also install any eShop or DLC you didn't buy.

linguafreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's also the "delete ticket and connect to eshop" trick which re-install a good ticket if you bought that game which doesn't require formatting all the console.

How can I manually delete a ticket from my Wii U without formatting all the console?

linguafreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why are you reviving this old of a thread when you could have asked this elsewhere x.x

Sorry, I didn't want to open a completely new thread just for this question. This thread was the only one I found where deleting tickets from a Wii U console was mentioned. So where should I post my question instead?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry, I didn't want to open a completely new thread just for this question. This thread was the only one I found where deleting tickets from a Wii U console was mentioned. So where should I post my question instead?
Welp, I'd make a new thread under the Homebrew section, I suppose. I'd answer your question, but I don't have a Wii U so ya

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You asked in the correct thread and you didn't need to make a new one.
You have a question concerning something I said, and it's at the correct place.

If you want to delete a ticket manually, you will need a way to access the files.
FTPiiU everywhere is probably the easiest method.
You need Mocha CFW or Haxchi/CBHC CFW.

The tickets are located here : rights/ticket/apps

You have to know that the tickets are sometime stored in the same file, and you might want to edit that file to "cut" only the ticket you want to delete, particularly if the other ticket is not from eShop.

There's a windows program which can be used to check if a ticket file is single or multi. (I forgot the name, but I can search when I'll have more time)
Edit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/449485/
WiiU Ticket info, it will tell you if the file is single or multi.

If it's single, you can delete it.
if it's multi, copy to PC, edit, and replace back to the console (if you delete from the console, you'll have to set the file permission manually after uploading to the console).

Guide :

I'd recommend to extract (copy) all tickets using tik2SD homebrew.
then use WiiU Ticket info, to read all tickets and find the titleID you need (name of the game, etc.) and determine which file you have to delete or edit.
It will also tell you if the ticket is a multi.
If it's multi, you might have to use a hexeditor to cut the ticket part you want to delete.
Then use ftpiiU to delete or replace the file.
Now connect to eShop.

Last edited by Cyan,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You asked in the correct thread and you didn't need to make a new one.
You have a question concerning something I said, and it's at the correct place.

If you want to delete a ticket manually, you will need a way to access the files.
FTPiiU everywhere is probably the easiest method.
You need Mocha CFW or Haxchi/CBHC CFW.

The tickets are located here : rights/ticket/apps

You have to know that the tickets are sometime stored in the same file, and you might want to edit that file to "cut" only the ticket you want to delete, particularly if the other ticket is not from eShop.

There's a windows program which can be used to check if a ticket file is single or multi. (I forgot the name, but I can search when I'll have more time)
I thought it was frowned upon reviving threads this old? Oh well. Possibly not GBAtemp, I visit quite a few boards. Sorry then, @linguafreak

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not "that" old, and it's still on topic.

It's not good to revive if it doesn't provide any useful information, like saying "thank you" to a 10 years old thread.
It's good if it's releasing a new version of a program, even if 2 years later, instead of making a new release thread.
It's a case by case basis.
But the WiiU is still the current hacking subject, and that question is legit in the same thread where this possibility (fix ticket by deleting them) has been mentioned.

I'd prefer the answer to be in that thread, where other people could wonder the same thing when reading my message and find the solution, than creating 20 new threads for the same question by 20 different users.
We are against necrobumping, but we also ask users to use the Search engine. there's a right middle in both choices.

A lot of users are bored and annoyed of the hundreds of new created threads to ask the same question over and overs, like "is there a new update? I have the red Cross in my download queue !", if we can prevent hundreds of same threads, I think it's better.
It's only a matter of "is it useful to that old thread or not? is it adding anything useful?"

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand you guys mean well to help this guy but you could be more honest about the rednand and mention how it's an optional feature for the homebrew installation rather than something that's absolutely needed like your implying. Don't think your being fair shoving your preferences down someone else's throat like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu