Hacking Question I want to go back online, could need a few pointers.

bjaxx87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there!

My Nintendo Switch has been hacked for a little more than a year now and with the rise of emuMMC, Incognito, 90DNS and constant safety improvements in Atmosphère I feel ready to take the risk of returning to the world of online gaming. I know that going online on a hacked console will never be completely safe, but I'll at least try to avoid unnecessary mistakes.

My current setup:

AMS 0.9.3|S on stock firmware/SysNAND
FW: 4.1.0 updated to 8.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX (no fuses burnt since 4.1.0)
AutoRCM: activated
Flight mode: activated since before I hacked my Switch
Available clean backups: "eMMC BOOT0-1", "eMMC RAW GPP", "Sys" and "User"
(created shortly before installing CFW)

So, yeah... currently my SysNAND is completely infested (lots of NSP installs and most likely quite a few crash logs) but I never went online for even a second ever since I installed Atmosphère.

Now, if I want to play online again, I guess my goals should be those:

- Create an emuMMC partition
- Move the "bad" infested NAND over there to keep games and saves
- Restore my clean NAND backup on SysNAND
- Keep my SysNAND free of homebrew or unofficial installs
- Play online on SysNAND using Incognito + 90DNS
- Play homebrew or unofficial installs offline on emuMMC

Can someone point me in the right directions to reach those goals? Any recommended guides?

I'd start by creating the emuMMC partition... would this quick guide do the trick?
https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/emunand/

Then for moving the "bad" NAND to emuMMC all I would need to do is to copy the files from my original card to a special emuMMC folder?

For restoring my NAND backup I'd use this guide:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

Anything else needed to clean up my mess?

And finally: How would I go about updating my SysNAND to play online? Do I need to burn fuses? Can I still use ChoiDujourNX? Or should I simply update legally via Nintendo's servers and AutoRCM will prevent me from burning fuses?

Sorry for the mess of questions, I'd really appreciate any help! :)

Last edited by bjaxx87,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there!

My Nintendo Switch has been hacked for a little more than a year now and with the rise of emuMMC, Incognito, 90DNS and constant safety improvements in Atmosphère I feel ready to take the risk of returning to the world of online gaming. I know that going online on a hacked console will never be completely safe, but I'll at least try to avoid unnecessary mistakes.

My current setup:

AMS 0.9.3|S on stock firmware/SysNAND
FW: 4.1.0 updated to 8.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX (no fuses burnt since 4.1.0)
AutoRCM: activated
Flight mode: activated since before I hacked my Switch
Available clean backups: "eMMC BOOT0-1", "eMMC RAW GPP", "Sys" and "User"
(created shortly before installing CFW)

So, yeah... currently my SysNAND is completely infested (lots of NSP installs and most likely quite a few crash logs) but I never went online for even a second ever since I installed Atmosphère.

Now, if I want to play online again, I guess my goals should be those:

- Create an emuMMC partition
- Move the "bad" infested NAND over there to keep games and saves
- Restore my clean NAND backup on SysNAND
- Keep my SysNAND free of homebrew or unofficial installs
- Play online on SysNAND using Incognito + 90DNS
- Play homebrew or unofficial installs offline on emuMMC

Can someone point me in the right directions to reach those goals? Any recommended guides?

I'd start by creating the emuMMC partition... would this quick guide do the trick?
https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/emunand/

Then for moving the "bad" NAND to emuMMC all I would need to do is to copy the files from my original card to a special emuMMC folder?

For restoring my NAND backup I'd use this guide:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

Anything else needed to clean up my mess?

And finally: How would I go about updating my SysNAND to play online? Do I need to burn fuses? Can I still use ChoiDujourNX? Or should I simply update legally via Nintendo's servers and AutoRCM will prevent me from burning fuses?

Sorry for the mess of questions, I'd really appreciate any help! :)
Most of the steps you outlined make sense and are good to follow but there are some issues.
  • You cannot play online via Nintendo's servers when Incognito or 90DNS is enabled
  • Only updating in CFW with AutoRCM active will fuses not be burned because only CFW can prevent AutoRCM from being removed during system updates
  • You do not need to burn fuses to play online however using alternative methods to update can carry a certain ban risk such as ChoiDujourNX

Reactions: bjaxx87 and ry755

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-