Hacking I want to get a new flashcard

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't really say what your needs are.

If you just want a decent flashcart with SDHC support and DSi or DSi XL support, then the Acekard 2i is great.

If you also want RealTime Save, then get the DSONEi. You could also check out the CycloDS or EZ-Flash Vi.

If you also want GBA/ SNES emulation, then get the DSTWO.

ehayes427

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You don't really say what your needs are.

If you just want a decent flashcart with SDHC support and DSi or DSi XL support, then the Acekard 2i is great.

If you also want RealTime Save, then get the DSONEi.

If you also want GBA/ SNES emulation, then get the DSTWO.

yeah micro sdhc and dsi support!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If that's all that interests you, then the Acekard 2i is what you want. It has great compatibilty and has a good GUI (the Wood R4 GUI is based on Acekard's). If you only have a DSi, it will need pre-updating fro it to work with FW1.4. If you have a DSL, then you can update it yourself.

RTS can be handly though, it depends on your gaming style.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normally I'd side with the AK2i....

However this time I'd suggest the Supercard DSTwo.

Built GBA Emulation, soon to be SNES Emulation, and one of the Best Guis I've seen in awhile.

The Supercard team also seems to have the longest running support coverage of any cart developer. Heck, they still support their slot 2 flashcarts.

ehayes427

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Utsuho Reiuji said:

Built GBA Emulation, soon to be SNES Emulation, and one of the Best Guis I've seen in awhile.

The Supercard team also seems to have the longest running support coverage of any cart developer. Heck, they still support their slot 2 flashcarts.

yeah i did look at that one, but idk if i wanna spend that much.

still a possibility though.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Utsuho Reiuji said:

This^^

At first you'll be happy with what the AK2i, but if you get the DSTWO you can get so much more, and even more coming, with great support.
Just like how you want more than your R4, I'd suggest the DSTWO just so you don't have to upgrade again if you want all the extra stuff later on.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think a lot of it is going to come down to how long the 3DS takes to crack. If the 3DS gets cracked, then the DSTWO becomes redundant, but who knows how long that will take. If Nintendo get's their act together, it could take quite a while. Perhaps the 4.3 Wii update could be taken as a shot across the bow. If DSi mode ever gets cracked, then you probably won't need the DSTWO either (The processor in the DSi is twice the speed of the DS). But given the DSi is still unhacked and the 3DS is just around the corner, I imagine evryone will switch their efforts to the 3DS.

Personally I would go for the DSTWO, but that's just for the emulation. Sonic Classic Collection brought back memories, and it would be nice if the DSTWO lead to a better Genesis emulator.

ehayes427

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Utsuho Reiuji said:

This^^

At first you'll be happy with what the AK2i, but if you get the DSTWO you can get so much more, and even more coming, with great support.
Just like how you want more than your R4, I'd suggest the DSTWO just so you don't have to upgrade again if you want all the extra stuff later on.

we'll see where my financial status is after my GRADUATION PARTY on Saturday!!!

$$$$

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I were Supercard, with the release of the SDK i'd be sending people like Normmatt and Yellow Wood Gobin a couple of free DSTWO's.

I wonder if they are doing that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la