Is it possible to unbrick a flashcard?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really now, how can you expect anyone to answer that question without more details?

What kind of card is it? What makes you think it is bricked? What were you doing that bricked it? What have you tried so far?

Probably there are extreme measures you can take in some circumstances, though it would also probably be much easier just to get a new card.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Really now, how can you expect anyone to answer that question without more details?

What kind of card is it? What makes you think it is bricked? What were you doing that bricked it? What have you tried so far?

Probably there are extreme measures you can take in some circumstances, though it would also probably be much easier just to get a new card.
im just hipotetically speaking
Post automatically merged:

okay fixed the body text
Post automatically merged:

btw these are the models that i have (images taken from google)
1699392862508.png
1699392891482.png

Last edited by Xdqwerty,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when it hipotetically gets bricked

The same questions apply. How do you think a card would get bricked?

If you deliberately write the wrong firmware to a flashcart, then yes, you could probably try to write a good firmware to the flashcart again.

Also, the word you are looking for is "hypothetically".

Last edited by Kwyjor,

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
I still haven't gotten around to trying on one of my bricked R4s (similar to the 2019 you shared), but if you brick you might be able to flash back working firmware to this chip. Or at least that's what some flashcart nerd on the internet told me :P

You'd need a programmer though.
Screen Shot 2023-11-08 at 21.22.34.png

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately we just don't seem to have anything that can flash those R4iTT clones. ntrboot_flasher can do a lot of carts, but not those r4itt ones.
Since ntrboot_flasher has stopped development, it would be a matter of time until somebody can make a fork with the inclusion of R4iTT carts. But as of writing, its not possible to write to those carts, not without desoldering the flash chip and popping it into an EEPROM programmer.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a brother get little help with the short lived iPlayer?? Mine somehow bricked itself years ago, I'm wondering if some sort of time bomb is why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4