Hardware I want to develop a switch controller and collect suggestions from everyone.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Everyone seems to prefer custom, can be made modular, detachable shell

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want to ask an additional question. Do you like to use a large screwdriver to disassemble the joycon or to be smaller?
Anything goes, if it looks better with smaller screws, use smaller screws, if it looks good with bigger screws, use those.

Oh I realized what you can do

you can make gamecube detachable joycons
qyshrexks9tx.jpg

I'd pay lots of money for that

Edit;
Here's another concept image I found online
5jrttwyu8d321.jpg

Last edited by DeoNaught,

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should specify the situation that requires controller to be disassembled. Repair-wise or modding purposes?
Also, please make magnetic-based analogs, just like earlier DS3 contains, they're unbreakable.
Do you like this product? He can change the cover. If you have a favorite pattern, I can make it.
Replaceable cover.png
Replaceable cover2.png

I can implement it, but its price will be very expensive, because the electronic cost of joycon is very high.
If more people need it, I can make it out.
qyshrexks9tx.jpg

What type of screwdriver do you like? I want to make a kit for replacing the rocker parts of joycon.
TIM截图20190508012047.png TIM截图20190508012104.png

Reactions: DeoNaught

xNerfGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get rid of anything that has to do with motion? Nintendo seems to love creating games based on that gimmick. It was interesting at first but when it's forced down your throat (Let's go Pikachu/Evee), it mostly just annoying at that point. Some might like it, but at least make it an option instead of being forced into it.

DeoNaught

Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you like this product? He can change the cover. If you have a favorite pattern, I can make it.
View attachment 166232 View attachment 166233

I can implement it, but its price will be very expensive, because the electronic cost of joycon is very high.
If more people need it, I can make it out.View attachment 166238

What type of screwdriver do you like? I want to make a kit for replacing the rocker parts of joycon.
View attachment 166240 View attachment 166241
I kind of like the idea of the detachable face plate, but that controller looks ugly

I mean, it seems like a market that more people could get in on and reap benefits, but that's just me personally I think. But also, people could play more smash on handheld mode, and not have to adapt to the regular joycon layout. I think it's something the smash ultimate community would love to have. But if you can't do it, do something else you'd think would be good.
And if you do, do it, Please make it so when you slide the controllers onto the switch, they are connected through the joycon slots, and not through wireless, that's a big downside that alot of 3rd party joycons have.

The second set of screw drivers.

Can we get rid of anything that has to do with motion? Nintendo seems to love creating games based on that gimmick. It was interesting at first but when it's forced down your throat (Let's go Pikachu/Evee), it mostly just annoying at that point. Some might like it, but at least make it an option instead of being forced into it.
maybe, but it's dumb to make a controller without motion, while most games require it, or do even better with motion, like splatoon2.

xNerfGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, but it's dumb to make a controller without motion, while most games require it, or do even better with motion, like splatoon2.

Yeah, at least with Splatoon 2 it's an option. That's my main gripe with it. I didn't enjoy Let's go Pikachu as much because of the forced motion aspect, on top of the force usage of a specific controller type, but yeah I understand your point of it being useful in most games.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't kno why pads hav used x y it would be so much easier if the other 2 buttons would be c and d as sure loads people out ther who get confused which comes first in the alphabet therefore get confused wher the letter is on the pad - everyone knows ther a b c and d:lol:

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kind of like the idea of the detachable face plate, but that controller looks ugly

I mean, it seems like a market that more people could get in on and reap benefits, but that's just me personally I think. But also, people could play more smash on handheld mode, and not have to adapt to the regular joycon layout. I think it's something the smash ultimate community would love to have. But if you can't do it, do something else you'd think would be good.
And if you do, do it, Please make it so when you slide the controllers onto the switch, they are connected through the joycon slots, and not through wireless, that's a big downside that alot of 3rd party joycons have.

thank you, What kind of controller do you like, there are pictures, I can use as a reference

Yeah, at least with Splatoon 2 it's an option. That's my main gripe with it. I didn't enjoy Let's go Pikachu as much because of the forced motion aspect, on top of the force usage of a specific controller type, but yeah I understand your point of it being useful in most games.
If you lack motion control, or lack of vibration, which one do you choose?

I don't kno why pads hav used x y it would be so much easier if the other 2 buttons would be c and d as sure loads people out ther who get confused which comes first in the alphabet therefore get confused wher the letter is on the pad - everyone knows ther a b c and d:lol:
Most people like to do this

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I require is something bigger. The small joycons make my hands and wrist hurt after long play. Gamecube controllers in-half shown above would be lovely.

Reactions: bedbug1226

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I require is something bigger. The small joycons make my hands and wrist hurt after long play. Gamecube controllers in-half shown above would be lovely.
If you need a controller that is suitable for long hours of play, I already have such a controller. If you want to experience it, I can give you a link to it, just to make it better.

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Joycon controller, I found a solution company can implement it, but it is very expensive
TIM截图20190508171514.png
You can transform this shape into a GameCube style, or do you like this style?

The side is like this, more suitable for the palm
TIM截图20190508171927.png

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telescopic joycons with headset capability (audio SDK)
make sure they are drift proof
rechargeable
led buttons with on/off (for night play)
dont cheap out on the nfc :)

with graphics stars triangles mushrooms

another option if you make one with a deeper back to fit palm better you can make it with a door so that you can store game carts

market has tons on controllers not too many joycon variations

another concept take a controller cut in half where it can mount like joycons or be put together to become a pro like controller

good luck :yay:

DeoNaught

Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
thank you, What kind of controller do you like, there are pictures, I can use as a reference
Xbox size controller would be cool. you could do a SNES color scheme, or do a Clear purple plastic.

Joycon controller, I found a solution company can implement it, but it is very expensive
View attachment 166305 You can transform this shape into a GameCube style, or do you like this style?

The side is like this, more suitable for the palm
View attachment 166306
I personally dislike the bulge, so definitely it being a gamecube style.

if you were to do that though, have it have the handles from the gamecube controller (incase you weren't)
upload_2019-5-8_7-24-40.png

Clark_Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
telescopic joycons with headset capability (audio SDK)
rechargeable
led buttons with on/off (for night play)
dont cheap out on the nfc :)

with graphics stars triangles mushrooms

another option if you make one with a deeper back to fit palm better you can make it with a door so that you can store game carts

market has tons on controllers not too many joycon variations

another concept take a controller cut in half where it can mount like joycons or be put together to become a pro like controller

good luck :yay:
Add audio functionality, which will be very difficult

Xbox size controller would be cool. you could do a SNES color scheme, or do a Clear purple plastic.

I personally dislike the bulge, so definitely it being a gamecube style.

if you were to do that though, have it have the handles from the gamecube controller (incase you weren't)
View attachment 166362
I want to design it initially, raise money, and if a lot of people are interested in it, I'm going to make it, because I don't have much money.

Thank you very much for giving me a proposal.

DeoNaught

Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to make it drift proof, Analog sticks will always drift, It's a side effect from use.
the only thing you can do is try to make sturdier sticks, other than that not much.

Add audio functionality, which will be very difficult

I want to design it initially, raise money, and if a lot of people are interested in it, I'm going to make it, because I don't have much money.

Thank you very much for giving me a proposal.
if you do Joycons you won't need audio jack support I don't think.

if you make a good prototype, you could do kickstarter, or a different crowd funding (or pre-orders and use that money for Production and what not.)

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to make it drift proof, Analog sticks will always drift, It's a side effect from use.
the only thing you can do is try to make sturdier sticks, other than that not much.

if you do Joycons you won't need audio jack support I don't think.

if you make a good prototype, you could do kickstarter, or a different crowd funding (or pre-orders and use that money for Production and what not.)

no its caused by cheap component parts "graphite" that grind down and leave debris which cause input readings, you can clean them a couple of times but eventual the part wears out replacement sets go for $8 but this should happen in 5yrs with hard play (rubber wears out) mine happen after a few months and I barely played with my switch

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
make it just like the joy con, but put vita thumb sticks in it, Nintendo's thumb sticks suck
OH C'MON DUDE, Switch's joycon is the worst controllers ever designed: so small and and uncomfortable, for big handed players it's impossible to press ''--'' without touching left stick.

that make the engineers who designed JOYCON highly punch-able.

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything goes, if it looks better with smaller screws, use smaller screws, if it looks good with bigger screws, use those.

Oh I realized what you can do

you can make gamecube detachable joycons
qyshrexks9tx.jpg

I'd pay lots of money for that

Edit;
Here's another concept image I found online
5jrttwyu8d321.jpg
Do the detachable joycons but use the PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 controller design instead of Gamecube. That would be perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...