BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an enV2 and its old. The buttons dont work on the outside anymore. Well some of them work, but the 7,8,9 row doesnt work and when they dont work, neither does the ok button which is kinda important. So i want a new phone. I would want something to replace the ipod that i carry around in my other pocket all day.

So the obvious answer is an iPhone. But iPhone is only on At&t, its super expensive and Im on Verizon at the moment, which for the record, had pretty good service.

So after scrolling through the hideous free phones that Verizon offers anymore, i upped my ante to smart phone. And i found this.

3.1" Touchscreen
Slide–out QWERTY Keyboard
3.0 Megapixel camera
Dedicated Camera /Video Key
8 GB microSD™ Card Pre–installed
Speakerphone
Polyphonic and MP3 Ringtones
Bluetooth®* Stereo Support
Skype Mobile™
TTY Compatible
Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T4

It looks cool, has lots of things i want (3.5 headphone jack ftw, wifi, facebook, email, etc). The only thing left is the music interface. I would love to be able to play with one and see what its like. I really dont like the idea of leaving my album art, lyrics, to be honest, im a sucker for coverflow.

Taste social networking at its best with the Motorola Devour™. Verizon Wireless’ first Android phone featuring MOTOBLUR™, the Devour packs a 3.1" touchscreen, a Touch Sensitive Navigation Key, a pre–installed 8GB microSD card and is Bluetooth capable for Wireless Headset and Stereo support. And because it runs the Android OS, you can load thousands of apps, and jump between them with killer speed. So step away from your PC, because now you can talk, text, chat, send pics and stay socially connected on the Network with the most 3G coverage.

MOTOBLUR™

Stay in the loop with MOTOBLUR™, and say goodbye to constantly logging in and out of different email and social network accounts. Now everything you’re into comes to you in a single stream. Get your texts, feeds, emails and social networking sites like Facebook©, Twitter™ and Myspace™. All in real time, all synched on one homescreen. And with constant updates and backups, you’re connected –even if you lose your phone. So get ready, because your social life is about to heat up.
Integrated Social Networking

MOTOBLUR ™ keeps your social networking content integrated, up to date, and at your fingertips. The Happenings Widget displays all of your friends’ latest posts, feeds and status updates from sites like Twitter™, Facebook© and Myspace™. So you can find all your friends and see what they’re up to. Plus you can broadcast your status on one network or all of them simultaneously.
All Windows Mobile, Palm, BlackBerry and Android Smartphones require a data feature of $29.99 or higher or a data plan.

Early Termination Fee $350 (1 yr/2 yr contracts)
Design
3.1" Touchscreen with Slide-Out QWERTY Keyboard
BLUETOOTH v2.0+EDR
Bluetooth Profiles supported: Headset, Handsfree, Stereo, Phonebook Access, and Audio/Visual Remote Control
CAMERA/VIDEO
3.0 Megapixel camera
Video Capture w/1–touch playback and easy uploading to YouTube
Dedicated Camera /Video Key
Music
V CAST Music with Rhapsody® (Subscription, Wireless & PC downloads)
Create and manage playlists
Sync Music from PC to Phone
General
Android 1.6 (Donut) OS with MOTOBLUR™
Integrated Google, Exchange, Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter Contacts
Push Email Support: Gmail & Exchange
IMAP and POP, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail also supported
Google Calendar & Corporate Calendar (supports Exchange 2003 and 2007protocol)
8GB microSD card pre–installed on–device
Up to 16GB microSD optional removable memory
WiFi Capable (802.11 b/g)
Bilingual Interface: English/Espanol
aGPS capable for E911 emergency location/sGPS
Speakerphone
Advanced Speech Recognition
Polyphonic and MP3 Ringtones
Embedded ring tones, vibrating alerts and silent
Phonebook Contact capacity dependent upon optional removable memory
TTY compatible
Device Insurance Available
Advanced Device – Early Termination Fee of up to $350 applies
Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4 T4
Services
Visual Voice Mail capable
VZ Navigator® capable
Text, Picture & Video Messaging with threaded messaging feature
Full Suite of Google Apps incl: Google Maps with Street View, transit and Wikipedia information; GTalk with Presence; Gmail; YouTube™, Latitude, Google Calendar
1000’s of apps & 100’s of widgets available on Android Market
HTML Web Browsing
Photosharing: Facebook, Picasa, Photobucket® and MySpace
Motorola Over the Air Software Updates
Specifications
All–Digital, 800/1900, CDMA EVDO rev A
3.1" HVGA, 320 x 480, 65K colors
3.5mm Headset Jack
Dimensions: 4.55" (H) x 2.4" (W) x 0.61" (D)
Weight: 6.35 ounces
Qualcomm MSM7627 processor with dedicated HW Acceleration
Usage Time: Up 340 minutes OR
Standby Time: Up to 440 hours
SAR: Head: 0.45 W/kg; Body: 0.72 W/Kg
Thoughts, my fellow tempers?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I say go for it, it looks like a really nice phone!
biggrin.gif

Otherwise, I suggest you take a look at the HTC Hero or the HTC Legend, they're both great phones too!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont like the HTC designs. there is too much plastic between the end of the screen to the edges. I dont like how round they are either. Besides the Incredible is really expensive even on a 2 year contract.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its not the nicest i know
tongue.gif
But in my idea world i would be buying an iphone.

Nokia n97.
*looks up*
Hmmm not bad. i dont like that is rounded so much. But i kinda like the interface.
On the other hand, me and nokia dont have the friendlies history.
It looks skinny. Which is ok but some days that would piss me off. Guess im moody.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Overlord Nadrian said:
I say go for it, it looks like a really nice phone!
biggrin.gif

Otherwise, I suggest you take a look at the HTC Hero or the HTC Legend, they're both great phones too!
This^

(since i have a HTC hero
tongue.gif
)

Nah, that phone looks awesome, and android is fucking awesome.
Go for it!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The processor is too slow on the Devour if you have a lot of social networks running through MotoBLUR. If you absolutely need an Android phone with a physical keyboard on Verizon, get the Motorola Droid. If you can deal with a lack of keyboard (it'll take some getting used to...) the Incredible is the place to go. It is liquid fast in comparison to all the others, the fastest processor, and an 8 MP camera.

Hope that helps.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
The processor is too slow on the Devour if you have a lot of social networks running through MotoBLUR. If you absolutely need an Android phone with a physical keyboard on Verizon, get the Motorola Droid. If you can deal with a lack of keyboard (it'll take some getting used to...) the Incredible is the place to go. It is liquid fast in comparison to all the others, the fastest processor, and an 8 MP camera.

Hope that helps.
That did help. I guess i need to go to a Verizon booth and mess around with one them before i make a decision.

QUOTE(triassic911 @ May 11 2010, 09:17 PM) I'm surprised you prefer the devour over the motodroid.
Heres the deal for me. Its gotta look cool. And i agree the Droid is tits. BUT. Its huge. Its comparable to the HTC Diamond and that thing was the definition of a brick. (However i think it looked cool as well. I was actually looking at that phone this morning.)

Heres the rundown. I need a Keyboard. I dont like the all touch screen, because i feel like that is asking for something to go wrong.
Its gotta look cool. This one (to me) looks awesome.
AND i want also want a phone that stands out and not many people would have. This has been out since February (?) And i havent seen one yet.

Im kinda picky about my phone, as you can see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1