Homebrew I want lots of channels, but how?

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen videos of people's hacked Wiis, and they seem to have more channels than the Wii's memory could hold. How do I do that?

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can load neek2o from sd. Just build it as sneek or sneek+di, but I hear sneek+di has some bugs/issues.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He can just use sneek. sneek + di wouldn't offer much more without a harddisc.
Modmii can guide you through the process of installing it.

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard if I don't have any backups, my Wii won't boot after installing neek2o. Is this true?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Where did you find that information?
Neek2o can use a bootmii backup as emulated nand, or you can use modmii to create an emulated from scratch.
It simply ignores the wii nand flash chip, and works with an emulated nand stored on either sd (sneek2o) or usb (uneek2o)
The wii will still boot as usual.
You can run a channel or start an application to switch to neek2o.

Besides that, you should always have a backup of your wii nand contents.
It's the one thing you need when your wii gets bricked.
(Unless you can have bootmii @ boot2)

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound noobish, but I got all the files I need for SNEEK, but I have no clue what to do next. Also, how do I switch between different NANDs? (Because I'm planning on having more than one.)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How did you get the files? Have you used modmii?
So, you will need a sneek folder on your sd card with a kernel.bin and font.bin in it. You will also need a nands folder. Under that folder, you can create subfolders, one for every nand you intend to use. Copy the nand folders (either created by modmii or created by extracting your bootmii backup with showmiiwads.) to the subfolder of the nands folder. (start with just one.)
Make sure your sd card is having a 32KB or smaller cluster size. 64KB won't work.
Be aware that the first boot of a modmii nand can take up to 10 minutes to make it to the health screen. It can take another 20 - 30 minutes after the initial setup to reach the system menu.(this is only the first time) I will PM a channel that can be used to launch sneek2o. It will normally give a message that the mailbox got corrupt and fixed afterwards.

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you will need a sneek folder on your sd card with a kernel.bin and font.bin in it. You will also need a nands folder. Under that folder, you can create subfolders, one for every nand you intend to use. Copy the nand folders (either created by modmii or created by extracting your bootmii backup with showmiiwads.) to the subfolder of the nands folder. (start with just one.)
Make sure your sd card is having a 32KB or smaller cluster size. 64KB won't work.
Be aware that the first boot of a modmii nand can take up to 10 minutes to make it to the health screen. It can take another 20 - 30 minutes after the initial setup to reach the system menu.(this is only the first time) I will PM a channel that can be used to launch sneek2o. It will normally give a message that the mailbox got corrupt and fixed afterwards.
Yup, I used ModMii. How do I get the kernel.bin and icon.bin?
EDIT: Never mind about the .bin stuff. I've installed it.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I used ModMii. How do I get the kernel.bin and icon.bin?
EDIT: Never mind about the .bin stuff. I've installed it.
load bootmii from the hbc.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
changing the sd card bootmii folder armboot.bin and launching bootmii is the old way of booting into neek(2o).
The channel launcher I provided him by pm has armboot.bin embedded in the application.
There is no need anymore to alter the normal bootmii setup.

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, obcd told me to post my further problems here instead of PM. He asked me if I built neek2o as SNEEK+DI. Nope, only as SNEEK. And then asked me my cluster size. I wrote down my GB left before I put in a 1 KB file and after I put in 1 KB file, subtracted those, and I found my cluster size is 32768.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could you post the contents of your sneek and nands folder on your sd card?
Could you post the contents of the subfolder(s) of the nands folder as well?
How do you launch into neek? Is the dvd drive slot flashing or something?

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the root of my SD Card, I have shared1, shared2, sys, ticket, title, import, and tmp (I also have other homebrew in the root of my card) my nands folder has a nand01 subfolder with pl_us, sys and the other stuff in the root of my card, and to launch neek I go into the neek2o channel you gave me. The DVD Drive does not flash.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Your nand folder structure is wrong. it should be
nands/pl_us/shared1
nands/pl_us/shared2
nands/pl_us/sys
nands/pl_us/ticket
nands/pl_us/title
nands/pl_us/import
nands/pl_us/tmp

pl_us identifies the nand. so that name isn't important. What is important is the folder structure. It needs to be nands on the root of the sd card, and the nand folders need to be subfolders of the nand identifier. (pl_us or nand01 ... nand99)

You might remove the nand folders from the root of your sd as well.
They are not needed there. (It should use those if it can't find the nands folder for backward compatibility.)
Also remove the sneek/nandcfg.bin file after you fixed the nand folder structure.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the sneekcache folder contains the channelcache.bin file. It contains a list with the channels installed on your emulated nand.
If you delete it, neek2o should recreate that file automatically. So basically, no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1