I updated my emunand from 9.0 2 weeks ago but it only updated to 9.6?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sacredshinobi, Mar 8, 2016.

1. sacredshinobi
    OP

sacredshinobi GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2010
    United States
    Two weeks ago I updated my emunand from system settings and now I see that it only updated it to 9.6 instead of 10.6

Is there a reason for this? Should I be concerned before trying to update it to 10.6 again?

2. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    How did you update?

3. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    if you used System Settings, did it say you can update without an internet connection? you can update again to get to 10.6.

Akira likes this.
  4. sacredshinobi
    OP

Dec 10, 2010
    United States
    Through system settings

That could be it actually, because I had to set up a new wifi connection right now because my previous one couldn't connect. How did it update to 9.6 though?

Also, it's completely safe to update my emuNAND right now through system settings? Should I do it through Gateway cfw or Rei cfw?

5. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    yes you can safely update emunand through settings in any cfw.

how did it go to 9.6? probably pre-downloaded before.

6. grubgrub

grubgrub GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2015
    New Zealand
    Probably a pre-downloaded update that was stored on the 3ds.
    I had a similar experience, I updated from 9.0 emunand and when it restarted it was on 10.3.
    I had to do another update to get it to 10.6.

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    It updated to 9.6 because you must have already predownloaded it in the past for some reason the 3ds always updates with the last predownloaded version rather than downloading the latest version instead

8. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Are you blocking update servers on your wifi? I've found I need to connect emuNAND through my phone's hotspot to update since I'm blocking over my wifi - it's easier than adding/removing for me since I have multiple Ninty devices I don't want to accidentally upgrade.

9. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Bit off topic I know but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I HATE it when people say Ninty instead of Nintendo lol it really reaaaaaaaaly annoys me for some reason

hobbledehoy899 and zezzo like this.
  10. sacredshinobi
    OP

Dec 10, 2010
    United States
    No, I think it's because since then i've changed something about my wifi (without the intention of affecting the 3DS) and so i've had to make a new connection in all of my devices and I hadn't done so with the 3DS yet