Hacking I think I'll buy a new flashcart...

J.Taylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I actually have an R4 Original (no "i", no "SDHC", the Original one
wink.gif
) and I quite realized it's rottening more and more each day passing (not physically, of course xD)
mellow.gif

So, I'm going to buy an all new flashcart, and I really need your help to decide! I first bought the R4 because it was the only flash the store near my house had (and still does...) so I didn't had to choose directly...
So, which is, in your opinion the best flashy around? ^^
It seems it's the Acekard 2i, isn't it? ^^
Are all the most new roms completely compatible? I don't need to patch them (pratically I have to patch each game on my R4...)? How works HG/SS? ^^

EDIT: Pardon, I have a few more questions ^^
The Acekard 2i has ever given any problem to you, including roms' problems? Is it compatible with the DS Lite, isn't it? and with the Fat? Thank you! ^^

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No problems With Acekard 2i.

If cycloDS would be around 25USD price point or so I would be suggesting it too, but for 45... against 16...

So yeah.

Acekard Has had no problems, there are random games (mostly it though drops to "showelware" titles) that are REPORTED to not work, as said, from 70 games I have around, none are malfunctioning (excluding Warioware D.I.Y. what is a fresh title... I mean, not even yet released... I mean, I DO NOT HAVE THAT GAME ON MY CARD
ph34r.gif
)

So, Acekard2i indeed is best ones to get. AKAIO has pretty fast updates it seems (i've seen only one yet, but even that did bunch of awesome shit so I am nothing else but happy)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
J.Taylor said:
Thanks for the fast replies ^^
I think I'll go for the Acekard, I'm going to buy it from here: http://shop.01media.com/
is it good? it is recommended by GBAtemp itself, so I think it is ^^
Last question, is it compatible with DS Fat? ^^

Yeah, make sure you just get Acekard 2i, less hardware malfunctions - all DSi flashcarts work with normal DS models too, there is just additions to make it look like a genuine NDS cart so the DSi too will boot them.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
jacely said:
I know more dstti users in Japan,cuz not high price and easy to use
Cheap is not qualification of good, plus What isn't easy to use these days with flashcarts?

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
iEDGE or EDGE

tKo HaXoR said:
It is one of my favorite flash carts. (Apart from Acekard 2i with AKAIO.)

It is very easy to use and the menus are very easy to navigate.

- Works with 1.4 DSi firmware and can be updated to work with future DSi firmwares.
- Adding and changing skins is very easy.
- Updating your cheat file is very easy.
- Thanks to update 1.9 HG/SS both work without freezing unlike all the R4 clones that are going around.
- It might be a Cyclo DS knock off, but its a solid flash cart.
- Very clean file system (If you hide files from Windows on your SD card, they wont show up on your game selection screen such as the moonshell2 folder)

I recommend it. Its less than 20 dollars and the best thing about it is the build quality. Very good materials used to make it. About 99% Game compatibility and nice packaging.

Oh and here is a link to it.. for under 20 dollars and free shipping.

http://www.0shippingzone.com/edge-iedge-p-586.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas