Hacking I think I screwed up

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just got A9LH all set up on one of my 3DSs. I looked around, and everyone seemed to say that updating through system settings is safe on a9lh. So I did. Well, now everything is gone. None of the autoboot stuff works, the .cias I had installed don't run. It boots without an SD card. Is it fucked?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just got A9LH all set up on one of my 3DSs. I looked around, and everyone seemed to say that updating through system settings is safe on a9lh. So I did. Well, now everything is gone. None of the autoboot stuff works, the .cias I had installed don't run. It boots without an SD card. Is it fucked?
Did you use Gateway's Arm9loaderhax? Updating with that isn't safe, but if you followed Plailect's guide, I don't know what could've happened.

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just went to system settings and updated. First it took me to 10.6 because that one was saved already, then I went online and went to 11.0. Hacks seem to be all gone.

I'm not super upset. This is one of 3 3DS systems I own, I can just use it for retail carts now. I'm kinda upset I wasted so much effort though. This really wasn't supposed to happen? I was supposed to be alright to update?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just went to system settings and updated. First it took me to 10.6 because that one was saved already, then I went online and went to 11.0. Hacks seem to be all gone.

I'm not super upset. This is one of 3 3DS systems I own, I can just use it for retail carts now. I'm kinda upset I wasted so much effort though. This really wasn't supposed to happen? I was supposed to be alright to update?
Did you follow the guide exactly as written? It sounds like you might've missed a few steps or did something different.

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you follow the guide exactly as written? It sounds like you might've missed a few steps or did something different.
Exactly as written. I reread it just now to make sure I had done it all correctly. By the end of it I could autoboot various payloads and install .cias to sysnand. Then I updated.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think you updated the sysnand with hourglass9 but didn't use the keep al9 option, thus updated to retail...

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only way you could get to 10.6 is if you had a backup of 10.6. When you restored to 10.6 the keep alh9 option was not used.

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you restore a nand backup with Decrypt9?

Yes, after I downgraded to get the otp.bin file. I used "restore sysnand (keep a9hl)" to get back to 9.0. And after that, all the hacks worked, so I assume I did it correctly.

The only way you could get to 10.6 is if you had a backup of 10.6. When you restored to 10.6 the keep alh9 option was not used.
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure it was a saved update on the SD card. It completed without downloading anything or connecting to the internet. Then after it was finished I saw I wasn't current yet, and updated again.

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hold on. What if I had updated while in Gateway sysnand mode? I had that as one of my payloads because I have a red card. If I did that, would it have put me back to retail?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, after I downgraded to get the otp.bin file. I used "restore sysnand (keep a9hl)" to get back to 9.0. And after that, all the hacks worked, so I assume I did it correctly.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure it was a saved update on the SD card. It completed without downloading anything or connecting to the internet. Then after it was finished I saw I wasn't current yet, and updated again.

Yes, somewhere along the lines something went wrong. When you restored the NAND from 2.1 and than returned to 9.xx, you should have done a system update than that would take you to 11.xx.xx. There is no way it would take you to 10.6 unless you managed to do all this on a frankenfirm of some sorts.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold on. What if I had updated while in Gateway sysnand mode? I had that as one of my payloads because I have a red card. If I did that, would it have put me back to retail?
If you were using Gateway then that's the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime