I think I really F up my ear.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i guess the thing is solved already, but, any doctor will just tweezer the blunt of the cotton mass out, an eardoctor might professionally clean your ear and the earwax.
any leftover cotton will eventually be brought out by earwax anyway. dont fuck around in your ear with anything people advise you too. as the cotton is usually pretty clean, it wont cause huge issues if its stuck in there for a day or two. bacteria might build up but not more than from wearing headphones. monday might be pushing it a little though, as your ear will definitely be irritated, earwax production will probably go into overdrive, potentially clogging up your ear even more, requiring a professional cleaning by an ear doctor down the road.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well done OP, btw, you're not cleaning your ears, you're only pushing wax even further inside

well, thats really only a halftruth.
cottonswabs can and will remove earwax if used correctly, but few people actually do it correctly and do clog it back further down.

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, sounds so scary if I leave it til Monday. Gonna check out a hospital tomorrow.
A few questions, I don't have access to my medicare card or whatever right now. My dad current have it, and he comes back tomorrow. Only have a school ID. Is that good enough? Don't have a driver license or whatever either. Can I just go to the hospital, show them a school ID and have them check out my ear for free? Don't have money on me. I want to go today. But if that's not possible, I'll try to endure it and go tomorrow.

Last edited by Pokem,

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember back in 2011, my ear had a ton of wax, so I used a q-tip, big mistake. My right ear went pretty much deaf due to pushing the wax back. Shit sucked, I had to endure being deaf in one ear for a week. You get disoriented easy with only one ear working.n Plus, I had to hear my own voice when ever I spoke, ughhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, I went to the ER, they flushed my ears out, it looks scary, but, omg, it feels sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing. When I could hear again, everything was so LOUD and I could hear waterfalls.

In other words, go to the ER!
Same thing happened to me the other day. However, I just used a earwax removal kit for $6.50 at Walmart to get the wax out. When the wax came out, there was an entire cork of wax that had prevented me from hearing anything.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I haven't read this thread completely so forgive me if the issue has been resolved already. Please note that I have recently finished my second year of studying medicine so feel free to take my suggestions more seriously than others.

About 10 years ago I had almost the same problem, only instead of the cotton top of a qtip it was a plastic pellet gun pellet. It was too deep to get removed by pincers or any other household appliance, thus an ambulance was called. After waiting a bit, a otorhinolaryngologist used a huge syringe with water to wash out the obstruction. It worked like a charm.

Don't worry, the worst a piece of cotton can do is cause inflammation. It won't get into your brain, since your outer ear is separated with the internal parts by the eardrum. The fact that you describe your ear as "temporarily deaf" is concerning, though, but then again I don't really know the size of the obstruction and/if you got water in it. It'll be OK though, just dont do stupid shit like putting a pen into your ear or asking somebody to suck it out!

Last edited by AlanJohn,
Reactions: Subtle Demise
S

Saiyan Lusitano

So recently, yesterday to be exact, I used a Q-Tip. My dumbass put that shit in a little bit deep (LITERALLY a little bit) and spin it around. When I pull it out, the cotton is gone, stuck inside my right ear. So now, my right ear is pretty much temporarily deaf until I get this cotton out. Can someone help? Tried shaking my head a bit, no luck. Tried dragging it out with another Q-Tip, also no luck. Searched online to see if there are other dumbasses like me and there were. Read what they said, and all said to go to the doctor. Now, I have no access to a doctor until Monday, the 17th of July. Will I be okay leaving this nasty cotton in my ear until Monday? Can I shower normally or do I have to try to block my ear to not let water in?
I know this is a strange thread to post in a gaming-hacking forum, but holy shit. It feels so uncomfortable.
I've been in this situation, literally literally.

And literally, this is actually not that big of a deal. Go to a hospital, pay a fee for the service and they'll use what I'd describe as a vacuum to clean ear wax.

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read this thread completely so forgive me if the issue has been resolved already. Please note that I have recently finished my second year of studying medicine so feel free to take my suggestions more seriously than others.

About 10 years ago I had almost the same problem, only instead of the cotton top of a qtip it was a plastic pellet gun pellet. It was too deep to get removed by pincers or any other household appliance, thus an ambulance was called. After waiting a bit, a otorhinolaryngologist used a huge syringe with water to wash out the obstruction. It worked like a charm.

Don't worry, the most a piece of cotton can do is cause inflammation. It won't get into your brain, since your outer ear is separated with the internal parts by the eardrum. The fact that you describe your ear as "temporarily deaf" is concerning, though, but then again I don't really know the size of the obstruction and/if you got water in it. It'll be OK though, just dont do stupid shit like putting a pen into your ear or asking somebody to suck it out!
It's a whole cotton tip of the Q-Tip.
Also, the cotton is obstructing my ear so much that I can barely hear anything. Like, I can still hear with my left, but very faintly due to the obstruction in it.
I also want to know if it cost money to call an ambulance? That's the problem here. I don't have money, and only my mom knows what's going on. She said I should wait until Monday, but some members here says it's not good. I don't have my insurance on me because my dad keeps all that stuff. If I tell him to drive me to the hospital, he'd scream and say the same thing my mom did; wait til Monday, so not really sure how to settle this. I want to call an ambulance or go to an ER room, but the cost based on what I found is wayyyy too much for someone like me.

Gonna ask my dad when he comes home from work and sees what happens. He'd probably go berserk and just scream wait until Monday. That's the type of mindset he has.

also kinda scared as everyone says to not get the cotton wet but I've already take 2 showers since the day and the cotton is wet.

hopefully I can go tomorrow if not today.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
It's a whole cotton tip of the Q-Tip.
Also, the cotton is obstructing my ear so much that I can barely hear anything. Like, I can still hear with my left, but very faintly due to the obstruction in it.
I also want to know if it cost money to call an ambulance? That's the problem here. I don't have money, and only my mom knows what's going on. She said I should wait until Monday, but some members here says it's not good. I don't have my insurance on me because my dad keeps all that stuff. If I tell him to drive me to the hospital, he'd scream and say the same thing my mom did; wait til Monday, so not really sure how to settle this. I want to call an ambulance or go to an ER room, but the cost based on what I found is wayyyy too much for someone like me.

Gonna ask my dad when he comes home from work and sees what happens. He'd probably go berserk and just scream wait until Monday. That's the type of mindset he has.
Well that's what you get for having an insurance based health care system.
I wouldn't call an ambulance, you should not waste their valuable time, at most go to the ER. If it starts hurting then go to the ER.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

This thread makes me feel uncomfortable...
Mostly because I had my friend having a earphone gum stuck in his ear.
But anyways, don't panic @OP. Because if people panic, they do stupid shit.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

This thread makes me feel uncomfortable...
Mostly because I had my friend having a earphone gum stuck in his ear.
But anyways, don't panic @OP. Because if people panic, they do stupid shit.
But it makes you feel literally uncomfortable or figuratively uncomfortable?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Pokem Wait until Monday if it is necessary, just don't do anything stupid yourself, bear with the temporary deafness.
If it starts to get inflamed or it itches try to go to the doctor ASAP. Going to the doctor soon would be better, but if they fuck your empty wallet up in the USA for an emergency then you might wait a couple of days.
If it doesn't itch or ache then go on Monday, do not put things inside your ear to try to get it out, just go to the doctor.

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pokem Wait until Monday if it is necessary, just don't do anything stupid yourself, bear with the temporary deafness.
If it starts to get inflamed or it itches try to go to the doctor ASAP. Going to the doctor soon would be better, but if they fuck your empty wallet up in the USA for an emergency then you might wait a couple of days.
If it doesn't itch or ache then go on Monday, do not put things inside your ear to try to get it out, just go to the doctor.
alright. one question though. if i go to the ER myself with my insurance, will they just say ok and sign me up free of charge? will they ask if my parents are there because I'm only 17 rn? (fake age in profile)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alright. one question though. if i go to the ER myself with my insurance, will they just say ok and sign me up free of charge? will they ask if my parents are there because I'm only 17 rn? (fake age in profile)
Sorry, I am not sure how it works in the states... Hmmm...
I guess you can go on your own, but my guess is irrelevant, ask someone that knows about it.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a needle nose pliers?;) Actually do not even think of using the tool.
Wow, you might be in a world of pain, or maybe not. I remembered long ago, I had an impacted ear wax and when the ENT doctor removed the wax, it was very painful. Everyone is different, so you may not fell any pain at all.
Just treat this ordeal as a lesson learned:teach:.

Last edited by RandomUser,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them