I think I broke USB Loader GX

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone. This is my second post on this site. So basically I was trying to get GameCube games on USB Loader GX. While doing that, my HDD stopped displaying my Wii games (and yes, I have it selected so I can see Wii games and GC games). I've tried FAT32 format and NTSC (I know it's stupid). Still doesn't work. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I am using Wii Backup Manager to transfer the WBFS to my HDD. Please help again! I don't know what I did. Anyways, here's my SysCheck
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 07.14.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 87039223
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Canada (18)
Boot2 v4
Found 92 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 04/13/2022.

Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
syscheck looks fine, I would try a fresh install of blackb0x's GX mod, either from his signature or from oscwii.org

Maybe also double check your path settings in GX, double check u have it plugged into usb port0, and maybe confirm whether other loaders can still display\launch your wii games (like WiiFlow or CFG)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you click on them, does it show a black screen? or does it go back to usbloadergx or Homebrew Channel?
Does the hdd pass the usb initiation screen when you launch USBLoaderGX?
Make sure it's plugged in the lower port (when in horizontal position) as suggested above, and if you have a y-cable (usb), use it instead.

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
syscheck looks fine, I would try a fresh install of blackb0x's GX mod, either from his signature or from oscwii.org

Maybe also double check your path settings in GX, double check u have it plugged into usb port0, and maybe confirm whether other loaders can still display\launch your wii games (like WiiFlow or CFG)
Alright, I will try tommorow!

Reactions: XFlak

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What happens when you click on them, does it show a black screen? or does it go back to usbloadergx or Homebrew Channel?
Make sure it's plugged in the lower port (when in horizontal position) as suggested above, and if you have a y-cable (usb), use it instead.
So the games aren't showing up on the USB Loader GX menu at all. I get past the HDD screen and into the main Wii-like menu and I see my HDD storage space at the bottom of the screen. But no games on the menu. And yes, my HDD is plugged into the bottom USB port or port 0. Also, I could launch Wii games flawlessly before I started trying to get GC games on my Wii :)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the games aren't showing up on the USB Loader GX menu at all. I get past the HDD screen and into the main Wii-like menu and I see my HDD storage space at the bottom of the screen. But no games on the menu. And yes, my HDD is plugged into the bottom USB port or port 0. Also, I could launch Wii games flawlessly before I started trying to get GC games on my Wii :)
Make sure USBLoaderGX is set to show "Wii games" in one of the banner icons and not nand channels, or if they are already check again if they show up in WiiBackupmanager.

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure USBLoaderGX is set to show "Wii games" in one of the banner icons and not nand channels, or if they are already check again if they show up in WiiBackupmanager.
Yes, USB is set to show Wii Games. Also, when I select NAND channels on USB Loader GX, it shows the channels on my original Wii menu (I'm just saying this to see if it can provide extra info). To be honest, I don't know what you mean when you say "check again if they show up in WiiBackupmanager." so, here is a screenshot of my Wii Backup Manager in the spoiler below. Right now, I am just trying these two games.
1650048320814.png

Reactions: CoolMe

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, USB is set to show Wii Games. Also, when I select NAND channels on USB Loader GX, it shows the channels on my original Wii menu (I'm just saying this to see if it can provide extra info). To be honest, I don't know what you mean when you say "check again if they show up in WiiBackupmanager." so, here is a screenshot of my Wii Backup Manager in the spoiler below. Right now, I am just trying these two games.
hello,

is your external hard drive in MBR format instead of GPT ( see "disk management) ??

did you try to reformat it FAT32, with ""guiformat"" ==>http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TraaashPanda
Does it recognize the hdd, if it doesn't it'll tell you to wait like 20s or something..
and if you have a y-cable (usb), use it instead.
I would suggest testing with it. I would suggest testing with another hdd enclosure too.
I assume if this hdd used to work before it should be set with MBR partition already.
You should also use @blackb0x's mod of USBLOADERGX, and verify the hdd path for the Wii games in the settings.

Reactions: jeannotte

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@TraaashPanda

Does it recognize the hdd, if it doesn't it'll tell you to wait like 20s or something..

I would suggest testing with it. I would suggest testing with another hdd enclosure too.
I assume if this hdd used to work before it should be set with MBR partition already.
You should also use @blackb0x's mod of USBLOADERGX, and verify the hdd path for the Wii games in the settings.
It does recognize my HDD.

I have a portable HDD. So it doesn't use an HDD enclosure. How do I use blackb0x's mod and how do I verify the HDD path in the settings.

Sorry, I am pretty new at this.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use blackb0x's mod
Just click on the link i posted above and download that file, open it & put that folder in the apps folder on your sd card, remove the old USBLoaderGX folder before doing that from there, so only that version will show up in the Homebrew Channel.
and how do I verify the HDD path in the settings.
In USBLoaderGX, just point to the settings button on the lower right corner, there's like 6 pages, just search through them until you find one that says usb/or hdd path, click and redirect it manually to the drive.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just click on the link i posted above and download that file, open it & put that folder in the apps folder on your sd card, remove the old USBLoaderGX folder before doing that from there, so only that version will show up in the Homebrew Channel.

In USBLoaderGX, just point to the settings button on the lower right corner, there's like 6 pages, just search through them until you find one that says usb/or hdd path, click and redirect it manually to the drive.
Okay, I downloaded the new USB Loader GX from the link. Nothing changed. And what settings button on the lower right. There is a settings menu on the lower left with three pages. Is this what you meant?

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Okay, just installed the new USB Loader GX from @CoolMe above. How do I check paths?

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, basically. My USB Loader GX recognizes my HDD. It displays my storage capacity at the bottom, but it says I have 0 Games on it. Does this information help? Yes, I have my Wii Games set to I can see them.

TraaashPanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Do you think I should reinstall Homebrew?

Edit: My HDD should be formatted to FAT32 with a WBFS folder created by Wii Backup Manager right? By the way, I used guiformat to format my HDD to FAT32.

Last edited by TraaashPanda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.