Hacking I screwed up (CFW reinstall help)

Nitrozzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I accidentally deleted almost all my files on my SD Card (which had Luma etc.) except the "DCIM" and "Nintendo 3ds" files (had backups). I don't think I can recover my files so what should I do? Should I just go through the process of getting Luma again?

Nitrozzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have Nintendo 3ds folder, all you need is boot.frim (luma) and boot.3dsx (homebrew launcher, which is actually not needed but is useful).
If your apps won't appear, leave those 2 files on SD and follow this to reinstall everything.
I can't follow it if there isn't boot9strap?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nitrozzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can check with these two whether you are on A9LH or B9S, you can do either the finalizing part once again and start from scratch or attempt to do data recovery like what @TurdPooCharger linked, file working isn't 100% guarantees to work through data recovery.
I was on a9lh. Do I get luma before 7 or should I go ahead and get B9S?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on a9lh. Do I get luma before 7 or should I go ahead and get B9S?
Do you have any other important files or data you wish to save? Even though you deleted stuff from the card, they're not necessary gone yet (more like forgotten or ignored). Scan the card with a data recovery program before worrying about getting your 3DS working again. Once you start adding new files onto that card, your old "hidden" files will be overwritten and permanently lost.

If you don't have anything worth retrieving or have already obtained what you need, you can then follow A9LH to B9S.

Reactions: leonmuse

Nitrozzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have any other important files or data you wish to save? Even though you deleted stuff from the card, they're not necessary gone yet (more like forgotten or ignored). Scan the card with a data recovery program before worrying about getting your 3DS working again. Once you start adding new files onto that card, your old "hidden" files will be overwritten and permanently lost.

If you don't have anything worth retrieving or have already obtained what you need, you can then follow A9LH to B9S.
I scanned it and I lost the old files (but I had some backups of some files but not all)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used EaseUS
I got some files back but they weren't labelled as they used to be.
:/ Try the other ones in that list. Look for the paid versions through other means if you were using the trial versions. Those free-to-try software tend to limit your scan results.

For the time being, use a different or spare SD card in getting your 3DS work again. If you had Luma3DS v7.0.5 or older, follow the A9LH to B9S guide. Make sure your card is formatted FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.

Nitrozzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried and got nothing.
Also A9LH to B9S doesn't work as 11.8 blocks A9LH so when I redownload it to switch to B9S, it doesn't work as my 3ds doesn't boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉